KVX10 King V review by Jackson

• Reviewer's score: 6.8 Neat
Jackson: KVX10 King V

Purchased from: american musical supply

I play metal (rhythm and lead). This guitar is all about metal. I use a Behringer gmx 212 amp. My amp sounds like it's holding back a little. A distortion pedal might help a little but I think the source of the problem is the pickups in this guitar. Authentic duncans would probably make my amp roar, and therefore I wouldn't need a pedal. The pickups aren't really too hot. The tone knob works great, I can really hear a difference when turning it. The volume knob is another story. It goes from loud to nothing, no graduation. I can't hear much difference when moving the pickup switch, again this could be the pickups fault. This guitar sounds ok, but with better pickups it would be insane.

I'm crazy about the V. It's vecious. Totally metal. I was in awe when I got this guitar. It's extremely comfortable to play while standing, not so much sitting, but Who cares. I'm replacing the pickups with a Duncan distortion in the bridge and a Duncan '59 in the neck. This will probably be the best guitar I've ever played when that's done. It's built well, with good materials (except the pickups).

This guitar is scary tough. It has the same effect as a gun on most people. They're flat out scared to hold it. The woods are great. All the knobs are solid and the pickup Switch is real nice. I already said I didn't like the pickups. Better tuning knobs might make a small amount of difference. I play pretty rough, and the guitar keeps it's tune pretty well.

The guitar felt good when I first got it, but after changing the strings a few times and not being careful the bridge got altered. I could easily fix this myself if I knew how. The pickups on it are kinda low. I heard there thould be a space of about 1/8 of an inch when pressing the strings on the highest fret. My guitar has a space of more than a 1/4 inch. Not too good. This can all be fixed very quickly at a guitar shop for about $40 if you don't know how to do it yourself. My guitar was nicked at the point of one of the wings. I knew it was a dent and scratch model. Other than that the guitar was in great condition. The neck is very comfortable for my style: fast, technical rhythms and atmospheric leads. I love the way my picking forearm rests on the wing when I'm playing.

I don't know when this guitar was made. I got it in July of 2006. It was a dent and scratch model. No biggie, just a minor chip. It must have been made a while ago though, because Jackson has been putting tremolos on the x series for a while now. Mine doesn't have the tremolo. 24 frets, jumbo. Maple neck, rosewood fret. Alder body, bolt-on maple neck, just like a $1200 Fender. Glossy finish. V-shape. String thru body. 1 volume 1 tuner and a 3 way Switch. 2 humbuckers, duncan designed. Jackson tuners.

rockonmetallica
    DenHond
    rockonmetallica wrote: gawwwwd i want one!!! jus lookin at it makes me drool from the reviews it sounds pretty good, think i'll get 1 with a floyd rose
    there is only one model : with a floid rose... the old model hasn't one
    Hanger 17 wrote: Would you get obne of these over an ESP?
    Corpsegrinder7
    floyd rose? FLOYD ROSE!! YOU FANNYS!!! get a kahler! slayer realised how much better kahlers were when the put them on...oh yeah... ALL OF THEIR GUITARS! but i do intend on buying on of these mother****ersas they are sweeeeet
    Corpsegrinder7
    I got mine today then sent it away to have duncan jazz and jb pickups put in then im considering putting a kahler in instead cause kahlers kick so much more ass then floyd roses do
    tomisfatt01
    im getting one of these guitars.. played it in a shop today and it was great. I play alot of BFMV stuff (no im not emo i like the music) and its great for it. (Y)
    colton.
    yeah im thinking about getting one of these too.. now all i gotta do is get the money. uggh.
    iTzMaTT
    I'm thinking of getting one of these with Floyd Rose double locking tremolo and a neck locking tremolo as well. Thanks for this review, I want to play metal with this so ****ing bad!
    cravetec
    I bought my KVX10 in August of 2006.. One of the older models with through body set up.. Played it till my fingers bled.. Great action.. Great sound.. Loved it till I got my DK2M Dinky Pro.. Love it still but not as much as my Dinky.. Still kicks ass over my Ibanez tho.. I've played a heap of guitars.. NOTHING, and I mean nothing comes close to either of my Jacksons..