KVX10 King V review by Jackson

Jackson: KVX10 King V

Price paid: € 444

Purchased from: Thomann

It fits perfecly with my music style, which is kind of harder rock and heavy, cause it is flying-V kind of guitar. I'm using Ibanez Tube Screamer, (and sometimes Tech 21 gt2) and Boss compressor sustainer with it, and it sounds just great! Sound is bright, if you play with higher action. Well you can make pretty nice sounds with it but I prefer HardTail guitars.

I play lot of heavy and rock so this guitar fits perfecly. I have played my father's and my brother's guitar until I got this. I think this guitar has lot to better, but it is still fine guitar compared with the price. If it were stolen I would meaby buy Dean's VMNTX or Jackson KV2. I should have neck-trough-body.

Like all V-style guitars, it's difficult to play on sit, cause the cable input is in very bad place. But on stand it is just perfect. With random maintenence I think hardware will last long time. Finish is good and I think it will tolerate lots of playing. Well I would depend on it and I'm going to use it on gigs in the future.

Well action was pretty low and pickups were good enough. Tone control was off but I found it from the bottom of the box, and volume control is getting slack. The selector was kind of upside down, and when I turned it, I looked inside of the guitar... and you can think what I saw... It was a quite mess.

It is produced 2008, and it's made in Japan. 24 frets, bolt-on maple neck and basswood body. Floyd Rose licenced tremolo and chrome hardware. Passive electronics, volume, - tone controls and 3-way selector. Only tools included. Duncan desinged humbucking pickups.