KVX10 King V review by Jackson

Jackson: KVX10 King V

Purchased from: Ebay

The sound, even on a crappy Johnson 15 watt practice amp, is amazing! I love metal, and I'm into Heavy/Speed metal. It works perfectly, tried it on my friend's Randal half-stack, and it was godly! It handle distortion well, but it still has a nice side when playing clean. It's only noisy when I make a noisy mistake, but the sound is always nice and rich. This guitar doesn't have the Standard liscensed Floyd Rose of the other guitars of it's class, but this is more of a custom guitar, so it doesn't do the scoops, but it still possesses a myriad of different sounds. The high output makes it extremely easy for the different types of harmonics.

I play a lot of metal, and this is a guitar that was designed specifically for playing metal. I've been a performing musician for 12 years, so I know about sound and the like, but have only played guitar for about a year, but have progressed far enough to know quality when I play it. Right now, this guitar is perfect, and will be a good match for me for awhile. I've tried my friend's Warrior (the same one that has the Randal half stack) and I like my V better. If this were stolen, I wouldn't buy a new one, however, I would hunt down the lousy bastard who stole the guitar and personally gut him with the signature Jackson headstock of death. I love everything about this guitar except for one thing: you connot sit down to play this guitar, you have to stand, or else the guitar will slide off your leg. But I enjoy standing and playing, so it's no big deal for me. I retrospectively compared it to an X Series Warrior (Jackson) and I liked the sound of mine better. I just wish I had some official Seymour Duncan Humbucking pickups rather than Duncan Design, but that can be fixed also. All in all, this is an amazing guitar, and I love it dearly!

Seeing as how this guitar withstood the last owner's playing it for over 6 years and it is still is in amazing condition, the guitar is very dependable and will last a long time. Everything is in fine working order, and I wouldn't have a problem performing with it Live.

The guitar has an adjustable action with both the truss rod and the customizable bridge so problems with the action are easily remedied. The pickups according to the origional owner died withing the first few months, so he swapped them out with those of another Jackson X Series, so they're the same. Everything else is working order, except for the classic tone knob problem that's very common with Jacksons. But that problem is also easily remedied.

Made in Japan, this guitar has 24 Jumbo Frets on a Rosewood fingerboard with a 12" to 16" compound radius. This guitar is made from basswood with a flame maple veneer on transparent colors. The neck is bolt-on rock maple with a scarf head-joint stock. Body is obviously of a King-V. My guitar has a String thru non-tremelo adjustable bridge, call it what you will, I call it kickass, because I get to adjust my action from both ends of the guitar. Volume, tone, and a 3-way pickup toggle. It has Duncan Design Humbuckers (HB-103B and HB-102N). Sealed Die-Cast tuners. Mine came in a Vintage Charvel Jackson hardcase with retro blue fuzz sidings... Wee... Standard is just a multi-fit Jackson gig bag.

trivium036
    This guitars great. Im really happy with it. Only things ive found wrong with it are: The volume control fell off on mine, but it was easily screwed back on. And also mine is a little heavy at the head, so if im standing up playing it falls down at the top. Mine is a 2008 model btw. But i would recomend this. 9.5/10. Especially is comparison to my squier strat.
    1if3 0wn3r
    This guitar is very good, especially for the price. I'm talking about the newer KVX10 X one. The one with the Floyd Rose and made in Japan. They sound good and have a nice finish. I'm sure the older one also sounds as good. BTW, mine has EMG 81+85 installed so it sounds even better!
    1if3 0wn3r
    FearOfTheDuck wrote: Is this guitar really top heavy? because my sg does that and its really annoying!
    Ahh, they are a lil bit heavy at the neck, but it's not a big problem (for me). Try to find one to see how it feels.
    1if3 0wn3r
    ivillacorta wrote: Can anyone talk about: Jackson KVX10 vs. Dean Dave Mustain signature guitar?
    The Mustaine guitar is a lot better because it was professionally custom-made and is also a lot more expensive. That's all I know.
    Marzy Boy
    JACKSON RR3 - black or JACKSON KVX10 KING V - black or DEAN RAZORBACK DB - white please comment my page (:
    RICHO666
    is it hard to reach down to the 24 fret area on that guitar !??if not im buying it definatelly
    Megadeaf
    The action being too high is a result of the Floyd Rose bridge. This can be adjusted, but it you aren't going to use the Floyd Rose I'd suggest a fixed bridge. I have a Rhoads with a Floyd, and although i love it, it doesn't stay in tune for as long as a fixed bridge and it a pain to tune.