KVX10 King V review by Jackson

Jackson: KVX10 King V

Purchased from: World Music Nashville

I play mainly Thrash and this guitar does it fine. I say fine as in its not the best because of the lower end duncans plan on Switch them out for dimarzios but you can get away with it. The guitar is VERY mid/treble baised, Basswood body(mids) Floyd rose(treble) Blot-on(Treble) so the guitar sound isnt very big but with that being said it makes that up by being very razor-edge sounding which is good for early Thrash and NWOBHM. But the other reason I give it a seven is there is a lot of noise because theres next to no shielding in the electronics compartment BUT... the guitar is pretty versatile the bridge pickup can cover High gain to medium gain and the neck has very good cleans overall pretty good sound

Overall this is a great guitar for 500 Dollars if you have $500 bucks and are looking for a metal monster this is perfect for a intermediate guitarist. Final verdict Pickups: good, noisy though Bridge: better then all licensed FRs but nothing can beat a OFR Finish: beautiful but weak and will chip Neck: Perfect but hard to get past the 18 fret because of the body Fretboard: smooth cool inlays Overall: best metal guitar for $500

This got a low rating because the finish plus soft body wood makes paint chip off super easy I've had it 2 months and have 3 chips on the fins but its a V so those are kinda beg to be hit. I replaced the Standard strap buttons with schaller straplocks and the other problem was the tone knob the bottom is uneven so I cannot turn it unless i raise it but then it looks stupid. I Think Jackson has issues with all their tone knobs(loose, misshapen, off the guitar in the case)

No guitar is set-up right from the factory so I'm skipping that part cause for all the guitars I've had I've ended up setting them up my self, although the pickups were set up next to perfect just had to lower the low E pole in the bridge pickup so I could do pullups without the string sticking. The only flaw was a loose grounding wire that prevented me from using the neck pickup but that was a 10 minute fix the neck is VERY VERY GOOD not to thin not to thick perfect for high speed riffing and solid chords.

My KVX 10 is an 09 model Made in Japan. 24 frets, Sweet Jackson sig Sharkfin inlays, Basswood Body unlike older models which are alder. I got the Gun Metal Gray finish which is much more dynamic in person on the website it just looks gray but in person its a dark gray with sliver sparkles and no matter how gay that sound its beautiful. It has Jackson licensed version of the Floyd Rose passive pups Duncan "Designed" distortion in the bridge and jazz in the neck.