MG-Dinky review by Jackson

Jackson: MG-Dinky

As my taste in music moved more towards the metal-end of the spectrum, I needed a guitar that would sound both crunchy and have good diction for soloing. The neck pickup provides a great pure sound for solos, as well as a warm clean sound. The bridge pickup delivers an impressive blast of high-output crunch that is idea for even the heaviest metal tunes. Though the guitar may only be good for metal, it is still well worth the $600 i payed at Guitar Center. I'm running it through a 100-watt Marshall Valvestate 2000 and it sounds great on both overdrive channels as well as the clean.

I like to play metal, such as Metallica, Pantera, Cold, Godsmack and classic-rock, like AC/DC and Zeppelin. This guitar (with the 2 gain channels on my Marshall) is more than capable of handling all these styles. I was originally thinking of getting an Ibanez RG-1570, which, while it has many of the same features, such as a basswood bdy, 24 frets and a wide neck, is just not as to the point than the Jackson. I would reccomend this guitar to anyone who is looking for a powerful instrument to Drive a rock or metal band.

The guitar itself is very durable, I have dropped it on stage several times and I havent noticed anything more than a couple of small scratches. I think this guitar is very reliable and I think it will last quite a while. It provides enough tone that it can power a band easily, without backup.

The pickups were adjusted fine when I purchased the guitar. My only coplaint would be how losely the tone-knobs were fastened onto the spindles and how the volume knob gets really hard to turn at about 3/4 of the way up. The finish seems to be very durable.

I just purchased this 2004 Jackson MG-Dinky. I was looking for a guitar that would enable both faster playing and a crunchier tone than my Stratocaster, and by god I find it! The guitar is made the U.S. and has 24 jumbo frets, on a very wide neck, which enables playing faster than I ever thought I could manage. It has two EMG-HZ humbuckers, which (though not quite as powerful as the standard EMG's) provide and incredibly crunchy and bassy tone. It has a basswood body and and a maple neck topped with a rosewood fingerboard. I has a Floyd Rose bridge which makes the whammy bar much more functional than on Fender guitars. It has a three-way pickup selector and and 3 knobs (two tone and one vol.) and by pulling out the botton knob you can enable a great pre-amp volume boost.

Modest Moose
    thoraxe
    ANY guitar can do pinch harmonics.you just have to know how to do it.
    git-airman
    Modest Moose wrote: i used this guitar when i was tryin out amps. it plays really really well. think i might buy this guitar, actually.
    acctually unless you have this and youm use it a lot you should try amps out with pieces of crap.
    A Bad Guitarist
    nocowmud wrote: lol sgrocker21 is a noob
    Marley Tokunaga
    A Bad Guitarist wrote: nocowmud wrote: lol sgrocker21 is a noob I think he means do they sound good. You're pretty damned stupid for a. not recognizing this and b. calling him a noob. Who the hell uses the term 'noob' when referring to a guitarist?
    + 10,000,000,000 Haha... My Sg has some really nice pinch harmonics but my Lunas ones sound like crap... Nice guitar, think I'm gonna buy the one with the sustaniac though, an extra two hundred dollars and the Dinky comes with a case and active electronics.