PS-37 Randy Rhoads Performer review by Jackson

Jackson: PS-37 Randy Rhoads Performer

Like I said before the Bridge pickup is "sub par" I had it replaced at guitar center with one of the cheap duncan performer invader pickups. This improved the tone 100%. For metal and rock its perfect, I have only really played it through two different amps my Line 6 spider valve 212 combo and a small solid state Peavey practice amp, both of witch sound awesome. Before with the stock Bridge pickup I played it though various amps at guitar center and some sounded beter than others and with the stock Bridge pickup its very noisy, but with the hybrid amps that always have noise gates it didn't sound too bad even with the stock pickup in the bridge.

In my 10 plus years of playing I have came across alot of guitars and this one is just a Diamond in the rough. If you are looking for an awesome guitar for a metal band but your on a budget search for one of these. I've got like 199 in the guitar and another 75 in the pickup in the Bridge and for 275 its just impossible to beat this. Just go a head and look to change out the Bridge pickup. Oh yea and a case most likly it will come with one but make sure and if its a Jackson case that's even better sure its a huge case but those things are strong as a horse

100% its one of those guitars that you pick up and just start jamming. Jackson makes a great guitar you could depend on it 100%.

I of course took full advantage of the guy at guitar center that works on you guitars. He change out the Bridge pick up, restrung it and gave it a once over but even before all that it played like a champ, the action was stupid low with no buzz what so ever, the floyd works amazingly well, I have had it for about a month now and it hardly ever goes out of tune, I did buy it used so it had a small ding in the fin but I don't think I have ever seen a rhoads with out a ding there.

Jackson is one of those companys that really puts out a good product for every price range. When I saw this guitar I wasn't really in the market for a new one but at that price I had to at least look it up, and its hard to find any thing about it really. I know it was manufatured in the mid to late 90's, and most likly made in Japan or Korea. Mine is black with black pickguard and black hardware, A Jackson floyd rose, 3 way Switch with 2 volume and 1 tone nob, and Jackson tuners. The pickups are stock Jackson pickups the neck pick up is awesome, the Bridge pick up not so much.

59danelectro
    I bought one of these off a guy about 6 months ago now and it's a great guitar, especially for the price ($150). I also got some DiMarzio D-Activator pickups for it and now it's just that much better. Awesome guitar for punk and thrash and I've only put about $260 into it in total.