PS3 Performer review by Jackson

Jackson: PS3 Performer

Purchased from: eBay

Sick for metal. Truly sick. If you turn down the distortion a little bit and play the intro to Crazy Train (you all know it) or the solo it sounds a lot like when the great Randy Rhoads played it. However, I play a lot of metal and shredding, but that's not all I play. The humbuckers are way too hot for anything else. I tryed to play Psycho Killer by the Talking Heads on it today, and it just didn't work. Tons of squeaking and buzzing and weird stuff. I give it a 4, because it is good for metal. But not a 5, because it can't handle anything else.

I play a lot of metal. So this is good. However, that's not all I play. Luckily I have three other guitars, a Squier Strat (my first, I still play it), an Applause AE48 (check out my review on that) and a Guild Hollowbody (sweet). I got this guitar for a real bargain. I seem to luck out everywhere, I got this for 177, the Guild for 10 (no joke. And it's great! Probably worth 800), and the Applause for 179, thank you ebay. Expect to pay 450 for this. It's nice. I recommend it, but not for that price. For 177, yeah. For 400, buy an Ibanez of Fender. Either way, very good, but not the best.

It's a Jackson, need I say more? Honestly, these things will survive anything. I heard of one being dunked underwater for three hours and still playing perfectly, if not better. I give it a 5 because it will last forever. Throw your hardest metal at it. It will take it! This ain't no BC Rich.

Super, Super low action. A little annoying. Not what I like. However, it just took a little getting used to. It is great for speed and metal shredding, which I am particularly good at. However, when I bought it (sight unseen), the neck was warped, badly. I had to fix it. Luckily, it was free and easy. And now it plays great. I give it a 4, because the action is so low, which can be a little annoying.

This guitar was made in the mid to late '80s or early '90s (the Performer line is old). It has a floyd rose locking tremolo, dual humbuckers, two volume and one tone nob, and a truly sick transparent blue finish. Very good. Everything I need.