PS3 Performer review by Jackson

Jackson: PS3 Performer

Purchased from: E-bay

My style is one that involves blues and rock, though I play alot of heavy metal aswell and this guitar suits my style and that of others. It gives a really nice blues tone for a metal guitar but also gives a great rock tone. I use a Boss Metal Zone pedal and a Carslboro 25 watt amp and this is fine through both. It isn't too noisy tho the bridge pickup is quiet.

My style is bluesy rock and this suits it well. I've been playing for a year now and playing this guitar for half a year. If I had bought this from a shop I would not have asked anything. If it were lost I'd have to get another one. I love the look its impressive as is any Flying V I also love the floyd rose trem.

It can withstand live playing and looks awesome live too. The hardware has lasted and will last, especially the floyd rose. Strap buttons are fine. I can depends on this but still wouldn't gig without backup. The finish will last and is beautiful.

The action is a bit high and I'm yet to lower it. The pickups were too low and I have highered them. The floyd rose bridge is fine though the locking tuners are irratating for restringing. Mine came with flaws aka the chunk that was broken off but that was because it is old and was getting posted a long distance.

Don't know the specific year but pretty sure sometime in the '80s. Only 22 frets, the necks a bit wide for my liking but fret sizes are just right, the fretboard is made of rosewood. The body style is a V with a floyd rose floating bridge tremolo. The electronics are active with two humbuckers. There's a volume control and two tone controls. The humbuckers are Jacksons own. The tuners are locking and are like the humbuckers Jacksons own make. As it was bought off E-bay there was accessories; a flight case, cables, plectrums and a distortion pedal.

drunkfck187
    yea I have a question I have a ps3 performer the same ass the picture would it be hard to put a tremolo set up on this guitar?
    drunkfck187
    _ska_
    the_addict
    Its worth putting a trem on it. its a simple guitar and should stay that way. you wont be able to sell it if you ever wanted to.
    the_addict
    _ska_ wrote: i ALSO bought this guitar for $100 at a pawn shop, but my problem is that the frets buzz for the A,D,and G strings! pm me if you have any help!
    the frets need leveled.
    the_addict
    the_addict wrote: drunkfck187 wrote: Hi I have a ps3 performer and I was wondering how hard it would be to put a tremolo bridge on it. It is the the same as the picture above i bought it for $100 at a pawn shop any help would be great thanks. Its not** worth putting a trem on it. its a simple guitar and should stay that way. you wont be able to sell it if you ever wanted to.