PS3 Performer review by Jackson

Jackson: PS3 Performer

I play rock and Metal. A great guitar for both. I would have liked to have heard it when it was new because the neck pickup seems really flat tonewise. Play a bit of metal and it sounds great! I'm using a Laney 65Watt amp with a Korg Toneworks multi-effect pedal. The bridge pickup is a bit noisy but it sounds good and you can manage some squeels if you try hard. I suspect my pickups need replacement but overall, not bad.

I have been playing for 8 years, rock, metal and a little blues. The guitar could do with some Seymor Duncans, I've heard one and it sounds amazing. I would definitly try to replace it if stolen although they are getting hard to find, classified a Vintage. I love the shape and the durability, nothing really to hate about it. All problems can be overcome with this guitar. It plays fast and true. If you like the look, go buy one. You wont be dissapointed for the price.

Its a Jackson! It plays and feels like a workhorse. Good quality everything. The strap buttons are solid and ur strap wont slip off, very good. I would feel comfortable using it on stage without a backup, and have. Good durable finish. Definitely a gigging guitar!

When I got it the action was a bit high but I set in in 2mins and was able to get it perfect. The neck is still dead straight and all the hardware stood up to abuse pretty well. it's a solid guitar that will last you years. I use and transport mine every day. Even though it is old I didn't find any flaws on it, well built. The finish is thick and doesnt't scratch easily. The only fragile part of the guitar is the sharp top V point, mine is damaged badly and looks as if a file was taken to it at some stage. I am currently moulding on a new point.

I bought this guitar for about $90. it's got 22 frets, a thin bolt-on neck with a rosewood fretboard wich I enjoy. Mine is black and the finish has taken a beating but still has high gloss. Finish is thick and hard, a pitty mine has been abused. The V-shape body has to get used to but isnt a problem, the guitar does not balance out though wich could become a problem when sliding your power chords aroun (Buy a neck-thru body Jackson and it hangs perfectly). it's got a no nonsense String-thru bridge and tunes easily. My tuners were pretty worn and had to be replaced with aftermarket pieces. It has two passive Jackson humbuckers wich sounds descent but I will be replacing them with the great and amazing Seymore Duncans. I like the V tailpiece and the scratchplate with two volumes and a master tone. The new bolt-on Rhoads don't have these features.

Blasphemylol
    I have a PS-3, where can i find serial numbers for these guitars? I would like to know its age. Lovely guitar, gonna put some Seymour Duncans in soon. The thin neck is awsum!
    padgea7x
    I have this guitar and its ok But i struggle gettin to high frets I also got it in a bad condition But a decent guitar Oh and it has a seymour duncan pick up and it sounds decent