PS3 Performer review by Jackson

Jackson: PS3 Performer

I play mostly metal, every branch and subgenre of it, and this guitar is absolutely amazing! It has the metal look, sound, everything! I use it with a crappy solid state amp and a Boss MT-2 Metalzone, at higher volumes it can get kinda noisy but what do you expect with the gain maxed out? The bridge pickup is great for metal and the neck pickup almost gives a bluesy sorta clean tone, not really my style but nice for when your in the mood for something different

For metal you can't go wrong with this guitar, for everything else it's ok. I've only been playing for about a year and this was my first guitar, and I love it to bits! It has everything I could have ever wished for. If it were stolen I would hunt the thief mercilessly, and it's way too graphic to explain what I would do to them. I'm planning on getting some Seymour Duncan Blackouts for it, a new neck with a reverse headstock, and a custom paintjob, something similar to the Jackson KV-2 Black ghost flames finish.

This guitar can withstand a beating, 16 years old and still looking great! I have never used it for gigging but I'm sure it would hold up perfectly, it's a Jacksons after all. I expectit to last another 16 easily. The strap buttons weren't exactly my friends, before I got strap locks the strap would sometimes slide off, one day that happened at band practice and the neck side went plummeting to the hard concrete floor, it hit right on the tip and everyone just went silent, I picked it up to inspect the damage, expecting something horrible amazingly not a single scratch! Talk about quality!

When I got the guitar the action was a little to high but that was fixed within minutes, so it didn't really bother me, I had to adjust the pickups a little, the finish was still shiny and looked Brand New except for a horrible nasty chip on the long sharkfin, it was slightly repaired so it looks better now.

The guitar was made in 1993 in japan. I bought this guitar in an auction for $200, it came with a jackson/charvel hardcase and strap. It has 22 frets, a thin neck with a classic Jackson headstock, rosewood fretboard and jumbo frets, as far as I know the body is made of basswood, body style is a sharkfin V, string-thru body style, two passive stock Jackson humbuckers in a H-H configuration, two volume knobs and master tone control. The tuners were also stock Jackson tuners.