PS4 Performer review by Jackson

Jackson: PS4 Performer

I find for this guitar the sound is completely different between all the pick ups. I play a wide range between classical, funky jazzy stuff, metal and an assortment of rock, and this guitar fills all my needs. The neck humbucker is good for sweep picking yet still has enough sustain to throw in a harmonic and get a clear sound from it. The middle single coil is great. I like to turn the tone down just a touch so you get a very solid yet dulled sound, which sounds great for bass driven clean jazz type stuff. The bridge pick up is very solid and bright sounding and sustains rather well. Good for rythem and lead. As for passive pick ups go, this is a satisfying sound all around.

I like this guitar alot. I would never sell it, and if you ever see one for a decent price, check out to see the serial number and where it was made; if it's from Japan, look into it. I have played other $700 Fender and Gibson guitars; and as far as I'm concerned, the quality of this guitar is matched, and in some cases better.

I haven't played any Live shows with it, but I have jammed a lot with it, and it rarely lets me down, besides a broken string. After doing the initial setup up on guitar myself after purchasing it, it seems that it is holding up very well. The tone and volume knobs, the 1/4" jack, the 5 way selector, everything is still tight and solid.

The fret board is very tall and is well suited for my large hands. The 5 way selector changes between the 1 middle single coild and the 2 humbuckers rather cleanly, very rarely does it pop or spit. The Floyd Rose is a bit tricky to setup, but after you get it tuned, it usually stays in tune. It is also very accurate and fun to use. The finish is this beautiful blue flamed top. It looks different depending on the lighting. Despite the guitar sharp look, the one negative thing I have to say about this guitars finish is that it picks up any finger prints and is impossible to keep looking clean.

This guitar came from ebay and I have had it for about 2 years now. I have light strings on it and am totally satisfied with it's action and tone. It came with a hard carrying case. I had to tighten the Floyd Rose springs and replace a Machine Head and it has played beautifully since. I'm not exactly sure how old it is but I remember researching it and discovering some interesting information. When they were made, some were made in Japan, some were made in another country, the name slips my mind, however the Japan made ones were much better. You can find this out by checking the serial number on the guitar's neck plate, and doing a bit of googling.

Hypocrisy4893
    My dad has had this guitar for about as long as I've been alive, and I'm 15. I've been using it for about a year now, it's ****in amazing. He put a George Lynch Screamin' Demon in it, and suprisingly, it doesn't get the greatest pinch harmonics like I thought it would, but it's still a great ****in guitar
    eireannjon
    Hi guys, Just a little bit of info on the PS4 for you. The PS4(Made in Korea) is a replica or re-issue of the very popular and earlier JDR 94 concept (Made in Japan) (I have a JDR, my buddy has a PS4) Differences: the neck radius on the PS4 is slightly thicker. Also the offset fret markers on the PS4 are larger. All in all both are great guitars, my preference is for the JDR, it just feels better. If you get one of these guitars have the pickups replaced as they are total crap. I installed Seymour Duncan Screamin Demons in the bridge position on mine, (my buddy has a Dimebucker in his PS4), but thats just my preference. Happy playing P.S. We both get killer pinch harmonics out of these guitars and in my opinion better that our other guitars that are both loaded with EMG 81/85's Hope this helps you all. Slan go foill