RR1 Rhoads review by Jackson

Jackson: RR1 Rhoads

Price paid: $ 2000

Purchased from: New Music

Can you say metal, what a f--king guitar. I opened the case and I came in my pants. This thing play anything you want, just ask Trans Siberian Orchestra. It was made for metal, thank you Randy. My ablity is limited to squeals and harmonics, not a classical or jazz player. I beat up my lil Marshall MG amp and My Crate tube loves it. Clean, OD or full on distortion, I found my new gfriend.

This is my third Jackson and my first USA model, DK2 and DK2m plus one other that I sold. Metal, metal metal, need I say more. I've been playing Slayer, Scorpions, Dokken, Black Sabbath, Maiden blah blah etc. I would buy another in a minute, I'd buy more if I had the scratch. Now all I need is a Wall of Doom, hey Zakk can I get a hand? Dude, if play metal, get this guitar!

Jackson has been around since the early '80s so you know their rep. The paint is not a Maaco paint job, real Duncans and Floyd. This guitar is already a main stay for many professionals and long established players. This will be around for a while. The finish is most definitely durable. You know you can depend on this piece.

I looked this guitar over and not a flaw in the paint, immaculate! The action already set up, neck straight, everything is where it is supposed be. No adjustments required, plug and play. I pulled it out of the case, tuned it up and played it. Comes with Duncans, seems to be set right, I don't need to change them. can't find anything wrong with this peice.

DeathByStereo23
    how a player can make a big as this mistake? HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT A SHITTY JS30RR IS A RR1? You're right Danis1,this guy is a dick
    Korzack
    ...um.... Calm down? So what, the guy made a mistake. Okay, a pretty big and silly one, but still. It's not like he's trying to lead a Communist coup in New York or anything. Anyways, back to the Guitar... Not bad at all!
    odb56
    AM I THE ONLY PERSON HERE THAT THINKS SEYMOUR DUNCAN PICKUPS SUCK ASS? YOU KNOW.... I TRIED MANY JACKSONS ,DEANS,WASHBURNS AND THAT KIND OF SHIT WITH JB/59 OR SD DISTORTION/59 SETS ON A ENGL FIREBALL AMP(that amp is f***** stunnin) AND IT SOUNDED JUST WEIRD....AND IF YOU DO SOME HARMONIC TONES YOU HAVE TO LIKE TRY 10 TIMES UNTIL THAT SHIT WORKS..AFTER I GET ANGRY WITH THOSE DAMN PICKUPS I ALWAYS TAKE AN ESP FOR EXAPLE WITH ACTIVE EMGS AND IT JUST SOUNDS GREAT!RICH HARMONICS AND STUFF.....SO CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN TO ME WHY DO SO MANY DUDES PLAY DUNCAN?
    weve
    The tonal response, its all about the tone. Duncan has it EMG's dont. You have to process the shit outta EMG's to get them to sound anything close to a Duncan. Im not alone in this opinion.