RR1 Rhoads review by Jackson

Jackson: RR1 Rhoads

Purchased from: ??

I play metal, mostly death metal and thrash/speed metal, and this guitar is absolutely perfect for this style of playing. I have my Marshall MG and I usually use reverb and chorus effects, which sound great. It is not noisy at all, ever. It has a nice bright sound to it as well. It makes incredibly awesome sounding pinch harmonics, especially when you make 'em squeal with the whammy bar. Awesome metal guitar. Again, I would give 20.

Like I said, I play metal and this guitar is perfect for metal. I have been playing for a couple of years now, and I've wanted one of these since I fist saw my freind with it. If it were stolen or damaged, I would probably find that person, slit them open, rip out thier entrails, eat them, spit them out on them and strangle them with thier intestines. OK, probably not, but I would beat the shit out of that person. I was actually looking at an Epiphone Explorer, but this guitar sounds much, much better. I would give this guitar a 50, but I can't, so I won't.

I have already played a few gigs with this guitar and it held up ridiculously well. I actually dropped it a few times and nothing broke. The strap buttons are great, I just had a really shitty strap. I definitely would use it without a backup. It's built like a tank.

Well, what can I say? This guitar is an absolute blast to play. No flaws in the design (except the chip that I managed to put in it despite owning it for less than a year). I just wish the pickup toggle Switch was more loose, rather than kinda stiff.

This guitar is absolutely phenominal. It has 22 jumbo frets, I'm pretty sure it's a maple neck. The neck is also quite thin, so it allows some pretty quick fretwork. It comes equipped with two passive Seymour Duncan pickups (JB in the bridge, '59 in the neck) and they really scream. It also has a Floyd Rose liscenced tremolo system, which I love. I think the tuners are locking, but I don't know for sure. I keep my guitar tuned in D Standard (DGCFAD), which sounds awesome with this guitar. The only drawback is the Floyd Rose can be a bitch to tune. An awesomely, incerdibly sick guitar. I would give it a 20, but hey.

HELLSHREDD
    Yeah , EMG (FUCKING RULES FUCK), lmao , its true , i had SDinvaders in a strat & it dont even come close to EMGs , so all you seymour dunkelberries can kiss the blade you fuks!
    odb56 wrote: AM I THE ONLY PERSON HERE THAT THINKS SEYMOUR DUNCAN PICKUPS SUCK ASS? YOU KNOW.... I TRIED MANY JACKSONS ,DEANS,WASHBURNS AND THAT KIND OF SHIT WITH JB/59 OR SD DISTORTION/59 SETS ON A ENGL FIREBALL AMP(that amp is f***** stunnin) AND IT SOUNDED JUST WEIRD....AND IF YOU DO SOME HARMONIC TONES YOU HAVE TO LIKE TRY 10 TIMES UNTIL THAT SHIT WORKS..AFTER I GET ANGRY WITH THOSE DAMN PICKUPS I ALWAYS TAKE AN ESP FOR EXAPLE WITH ACTIVE EMGS AND IT JUST SOUNDS GREAT!RICH HARMONICS AND STUFF.....SO CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN TO ME WHY DO SO MANY DUDES PLAY DUNCAN?
    MorgMetal_666
    I put Dimarzio D Activators in my RR1 and they're awesome. High output and have a unique sound that I like. I stuck my old Duncans in a JS30 as a decent back up guitar.
    xGeeTaR4LiFEx
    twistudriffer wrote: does anyone else see something terribly wrong with those reviews or am I the only one?!?!?! Why I ask would you buy a $2000 guitar and play it through a marshall mg? why? thats like buying a lambo and then putting walmart tires on it. retarded
    dude i have to agree with you.. ive never payed an rr1 but im sure its sick since its made in the USA but my friend just got an mg and i think my little peavy express 112 kicks its ass all day long
    twistudriffer
    Tervisa
    about kirk RR1T... (which is custom made specifically for him). Only song that he recorded while using jackson is "Sad But True". He did use Gibson Flying V from 1974 mainly on four first album that metallica recorded.
    [B]C [R]ich
    fuk i want this guitar but i dont like the price haha i know theres other jacksons like this but is there one that has neck thru, floyd rose and shark fin inlays that isnt an RR1?
    the_addict
    your not the only one...I tried to mess with duncans and they werent the pickups for me. EMGs are awesome too especially in jacksons and gibsons, but they too expensive for me atm. I prefer Dimarzio super 2s. they bring out the tone of the wood without distorting it and they're not overly bright either.
    Little Angus
    well the rr3 is not what you want. This guitar is unbeliveable and you should consider this guitar again. anayway which would you rather do tune your strings more often or rock out with a truely amazing guitar?
    will-loves-zep
    i wanna get a non floyd rose guitar at the moment cos i already have 1 and want to change tuning a lot, this is 1 for the future. Any suggestions for a non floyd rose shredding axe?
    Little Angus
    I just bought the RR1 2 days ago in colbalt blue and i can't wait for it to come. This guitar is sick!!!
    mosherbintbob
    im not too sure but don't rr1s have a scratchboard and js30s don't. don't get how you could make that mistake.
    weve