RR1 Rhoads review by Jackson

Jackson: RR1 Rhoads

Purchased from: Guitar Asylum

I play metal and that is what this guitar has been designed for!!! the pickups give great low end for harsh riffs and the screaming solos I want. The sound is crisp with no background noise. it's perfect for anyone Who loves pulling squealing harmonics and whammy bar techniques. I play this through either a marshal stack or a Peavey bandit combo. I use a AKG wireless, BBR enhancer, Alesis compressor/gate, Behringer equaliser and LC electronic multi effects.

This guitar is perfect for the metal I play, which is mainly Children Of Bodom, Lamb Of God, Shadows Fall. I've been playing for just shy of 10 years now, my other guitars are a Dean razorback, Gibson SG Standard, Ibanez jem, bc rich mockingbird, Richwood les paul and they are nothing compared to the Jackson. If stolen I would get the same model straight away (once I get the insurance money because without that I couldnt afford it again!! ). I love the way it play mostly and the way it look. I already he only thing I hate that I can't play it 24/7. I already knew I wanted this model, but when I saw the nuclear graphic I knew it had to be this one

It will withstand Live playing, the only real problems I have had is one of the tone knobs is becoming tempermental and if I stop playing it for a couple of weeks the Floyd Rose gets a bit "rusty". I wouldn't use it at a gig without a backup because, well, that's just stupid because things that have nothing to do with the guitar itself can go wrong e.g. snapping a string.

I got it I was amazed to find the guitar was set up perfectly; the intonation and action were perfect. Because it was custom made it has been cut with the utmost Precision and I couldnt find a flaw. The fretboard is quick and the pickups are well placed. the only real problem that may arise is if you a person Who sticks their fingers out on their picking hand where you may hit the volume control (as I tuck my fingers most of the time it doesnt't matter to me), so this maybe something you may want to look at before buying.

NAMM 2006 USA "Nuclear Rhoads" custom shop by Mike Learn, 1 of 10 produced (5 with EMG 81 + 85 actives, 5 with the seymour duncuns). Mine is the EMG model. It has 22 jumbo frets with the Shark fins, neck-thru-body quartersawn maple, ebony fretboard and black Floyd Rose original.

weve
    Hey the Zakk MG Mini stack is a great lil setup. Zakk uses it as a practice amp and Kerry King has one right in his office.
    minchew
    ok, if you can afford an RR1, why would you buy a marshall MG. You could find a good 5150 for the same price, if not cheaper. MG's blow...hard.
    kirisutegomen1
    this is a truly amazing guitar I used to play only deans... ya I know.... lol. Anyways I sold My Vmnt Angel of Deth (amazing guitar BTW) and Dean MKh( ok guitar) and bought my friends rr3 for 250 and fell in love with it. then went out and got one of these..... ummmm I dont want to play anything else but these holy shit.
    weve
    The ZW mini stack is a great practice amp and sounds good for what it is.
    Huffman
    how ****ing noob is this hate_me guy. uh its has about 24 frets and its in the shape of a v... yeah but can u count to 24,or just know guitars enough to tell at a glance... wow.
    Ali-b912
    Forgetting that he reviewed the wrong guitar, but he said it was made in Iowa. I'm pretty sure the Jackson USA factory is in California.
    PattyMalloy
    k so i sold my epiphone sg for 300 bucks to try and get enough money to buy the rr1 and this guys getting it for 300 bucks somewhere else? >:O WHERE????
    PattyMalloy
    The fret markers are the standard dots unlike the cut off triangles that the RR1 usually comes with. OH NO BUD!!! dont lose me with that super techincal terminology!! :O dumbass!
    Erich Zann
    Oh for the love of f*ck people, he made a mistake, get over it. He's probably just inexperienced, I would guess. People have unbelievably inflated egos on this forum. As for the real guitar, I'm really liking the way this looks. I was looking at something cheaper, but based on the quality of the guitar, It'll almost certainly be a good investment. And if not, then hey, at least I can say I own a Rhoads...
    blooddrunk
    odb56 wrote: AM I THE ONLY PERSON HERE THAT THINKS SEYMOUR DUNCAN PICKUPS SUCK ASS? YOU KNOW.... I TRIED MANY JACKSONS ,DEANS,WASHBURNS AND THAT KIND OF SHIT WITH JB/59 OR SD DISTORTION/59 SETS ON A ENGL FIREBALL AMP(that amp is f***** stunnin) AND IT SOUNDED JUST WEIRD....AND IF YOU DO SOME HARMONIC TONES YOU HAVE TO LIKE TRY 10 TIMES UNTIL THAT SHIT WORKS..AFTER I GET ANGRY WITH THOSE DAMN PICKUPS I ALWAYS TAKE AN ESP FOR EXAPLE WITH ACTIVE EMGS AND IT JUST SOUNDS GREAT!RICH HARMONICS AND STUFF.....SO CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN TO ME WHY DO SO MANY DUDES PLAY DUNCAN?
    yes you are