RR24 Rhoads review by Jackson

Jackson: RR24 Rhoads

Purchased from: Musician's Friend

I play mostly, actually pretty much only, metal music. All different subgenres, from metalcore to death metal. I'm currently using a Line 6 Spider III 75W amp, and contrary to most reviews on this amp, I find it to be a superb amp for the price. Since really the only thing you can change on the guitar is the volume, it's really up to the amp/pedal to change around the effects. The RR24 has a nice, solid sound to it, no matter how loud I get it never seems to distort the sound or make it sound mushy. Even though the tuners are non-locking, it never seems to go out of tune, and when it very rarely does, I only have to make minor adjustments. I use the whammy bar a lot, and it really makes for some great variety.

Overall this is the perfect guitar for the serious metal musician. ]I also have an American Deluxe HSS Strat, which I still also use. If this guitar was lost or stolen, I'd replace it in the blink of an eye. The only one minor complaint I have about it is the Floyd Rose tremolo system is sort of a pain in the ass to change strings, especially to change string thicknesses. It's enough to Drive you crazy. But overall a superb guitar, if you're looking for a little more quality, go with the RR1, but those get to double the price of the RR24, so I figured it wasn't even worth it. Buy this guitar, you will not be disappointed!

I've been playing this guitar a lot since I first got it a few weeks ago. My band just finished recording one of our songs last week, and my RR24 performed to it's fullest! I'm going to be playing Live this summer, and this guitar will be right up with me on stage, no backup. I replaced the strap buttons with a DiMarzio straplock system, so I can't really comment on the original ones, and I'm not about to test the durability of the finish.

When the guitar arrived at my house, it was thoroughly packaged with styrofoam pieces glued on the inside to keep it perfectly in place and not moving around. My compliments to Jackson. When I took it out of the box, I was able to play it immediately, barring some minor tuning adjustments. Nothing was loose or seemed of poor quality, the entire guitar was set up perfectly, no better way to put it.

I got the RR24, the highest quality Japanese-made Rhoads, a few weeks ago from Musician's friend. I've always been a big fan of Rhoads, their unique design was just incredible to me. This particular model has a neck-thru body, maple neck, ebony fingerboard, Gotoh tuners (non-locking), a Floyd Rose tremolo, and an EMG 81 pickup. It comes in black with red bevels, black with yellow bevels, and snow white with black bevels, which is what I got (also seems to be the most common). It has 24 frets, which I found to be a nice addition, and has only one knob, for volume. It comes with two allen keys for loosening the tremolo when changing strings, and a whammy bar.

Zangetsu 101
    Post-Fender Jacksons are still great guitars. Whats with all the hate? Mines is pre-Fender yet I would have no problem purchasing a post-Fender.