RR24 Rhoads review by Jackson

Jackson: RR24 Rhoads

Purchased from: Ebay

I play metal, various sub-genres and all and this guitar suits me down to the ground, it's what it was made for. I'm using it with a line6 spider 2 and even with this amp it sounds awesome, it's got a very thick, yet biting tone which is great for riffs and lead alike. The cleans are very bright and glassy, they remind me slightly of early Metallica cleans. It makes no noise unless I'm right next to a TV or something. As you'd expect from one pickup and one volume control the tones you can create from the guitar are pretty limited. For me, the sound of this guitar is a 10, but I'm assuming the lack of a neck pickup and the softer sounds it brings would put many guitarists off.

I play metal mostly, from Slayer and Metallica to Children Of Bodom and Arch Enemy, Vital Remains (attempts) and styles in between and this guitar can handle them all well. I'm 18 and I've been playing guitar for 10 years now, (only 4 1/2 seriously though) I own a few guitars, the aforementioned RX10D, an Ibanez 2570 (the older one), an Epiphone Explorer (sold), Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus (sold), an old Washburn MG42 and a Fender 12 string acoustic. I have owned only one amp, the line6 spider 2. The RR24 blows them all out though, the RX10D and the Ibanez get used for other tunings. If it were lost or stolen, aside from being mega-pissed off, I would get another one. Before I bought this I tried it in my local music store (890:O) and compared it to an LTD Alexi600 and an RR5 (I was looking for Rhodes V's) and I preferred it to both, the cutout on the Alexi600 looked good, but only until you realize the body on the Alexi600 starts higher up the neck so it needs the cutout. The RR5 was nice, but the EMG sounded more like what I was looking for, plus I love Floyd Rose trems.

I believe this guitar would well withstand Live use, I used to gig with a Jackson RX10D (lower end Rhodes V) and that was fine, so I have every confidence in this guitar and would use this guitar without backup happily. The strap buttons are pretty good, they're big and hold the strap well, when this guitar finally gets a chance to gig though I'll probably invest in some strap locks, just to be safe. The finish seems sound, no problems so far.

The action was very good when it arrived (nice and low) although the Ebay shop I bought it from said they did give it a full set-up before it was shipped. The bridge was properly routed and from what I've learned of the guitar it has no hardware flaws to be found.

The Jackson RR24 is a Rhodes V, made in Japan. 24 frets, ebony board, jumbo frets. Fast runs just fall beneath your fingers with this guitar. I have the black finish with yellow bevels, and it looks awesome, I've noticed no flaws and I've had it about 4 months now. It comes with an Original Floyd Rose floating tremolo, and as you'd expect, it stays in tune even with some serious abuse, big bends and wammy-tricks alike. It comes with one EMG, an 81 in the bridge, and one volume control.

splicky
    I've had this guitar for over a year now and I've only had to tune whenever I change the strings. The floyd rose is brilliant. Been a year and still as good as the first time I tried it. So, yes, it does stay in tune after a dive!
    splicky
    when the guitar was first released they did a limited edition run with the reverse sharkfin inlays.
    HamaraMetal
    I have this guiar and its the best feeling guitar I have ever played, at least for the price. I only paid 1250 for mine brand new with a case and all. If your into metal get this guitar! The action is perfect and the sound is mean. Im probably going to buy another one since i love it that much! -Aaron Schug (Hamara- www.myspace.com/hamara or purevolume.com/hmara)
    HamaraMetal
    And in answer to if it stays in tune, I tune it once and it stays in tune as long as i have the strings even if i tune to drop c tuning and back to d everything stays tuned, i have had this guitar since it came out and it still plays like new, through all of our shows, practices, cd recording, and song writing. Im talking 3 to 6 hours a day of ripping on this thing since it came out and it still plays perfect.
    Ne0Assass1n
    Imo Edwards Alexi owns this guitar. Much better quality, but still don't like the HZ.
    CrusaderTrivium
    Why is everyone so bothered about Alexi Laiho? Yeah, he's a great shredder but lay off Jackson, ESP did take the design. Oh and about the whole Randy Vs. Angus thing, I like both, I actually play in a Death Metal band, but I prefer listening to Angus. He has a sort of instant appeal, whereas Randy is a guitarists guitarist. Pretty guitar.
    az9836352673
    ESP and Alexi didn't rip off jackson, he was with jackson, and his guitars got stolen by some dick, and then he needed new ones cause he was on tour and jackson couldn't make them for to long so ESP told him they could so he switched and they basically made his the same guitar and slowly it evolved to how it is today with sig, pickups etc,
    Metallic_Blood
    death_invader91 wrote: i really cant decide on this one..... but the thing is that....u can get an original floyd rose on the esp/ltd alexi-600 and an FRT-02000 tremelo on the jackson.....but i just love the looks of the RR24....waaaay better then the alexi-600...imo
    The RR24 comes with an Original Floyd Rose as well.
    Cobain_Is_King
    thewickerman512 Alexi played a RR series, but it was just straight black, had no bevels, and a bound body.
    No, Alexi's 'Wildchild' had yellow bevels and gold hardware.
    Rtard_GWARRIOR
    KEEP ROCK ALIVE wrote: this is a nice guitar, this shaped was disigned by Randy Rhoads and jackson in ,82,(R.I.P RR) Laiho most likly also thinks as randy as a god and liked his guitar , so once he had the chance to get his own sig. guitar he probebly liked the shape but with his modifications. ( TO: AC/DC_VOLTAGE) i got nothing against ac/dc (who does , there great)Rhoads and Young are both gods but they play different kinds of music (R-metal , Y-straight up rock n' roll) how could the MG be krap, Wylde plays, it Marry plays it and many other great guitarists.
    Zakk Plays JCM800's, He only uses the MG's for practice before shows, and some guitar lessons. The JCM800 Beats the shit out of any little MG.
    Sedin
    I've read all this shit... and no one has ever said too much about the floyd rose. Does it stay in tune after a dive? That's gotta be like the most important question.
    Sedin
    How does the floyd rose work on this guitar? Can you dive with and does it still stay in tune?
    ginjisan
    how come there are two types of rr24, the one with the normal sharkfin inlays and the one with the reversed sharkfin inlays??