RR24 Rhoads review by Jackson

Jackson: RR24 Rhoads

Price paid: € 750

Purchased from: blocket.se

This thing sounds really good, for metal. I only play metal, may it be thrash, death, melo death, metalcore, pagan, heavy metal...It can handle it all, and I'm playing gutar in a metal band so this thing suit me just perfect. As everyone allready know it only got one EMG 81 in bridge position and therefore the sound is very limited. Some may need the neck pickup but I have come to the conclusion that I never really used it on my other guitar either so it doesn't bugg me. I play through a Vox ad 100vt with a Boss metal zone pedal and a Dunlop crybaby wah. I just gotta say that I really dislike the sound in this amp, even with the metal zone you can't get more than a decent metal tone. BUT! I allso own a LTD V-500 and a Epiphone Les Paul Custom, and my RR24 have the nicest tone of the three through my shitty Vox. So even if my amp is not the greatest my RR24 still manage to lift it a bit and it's not noisy at all, no feedback or anything.

Well as mentioned I play pretty much all kinds of metal and it's a match made in heaven for me. I have been playing for almost 4 years now and also own a LTD V-500 and a Epiphone Les Paul Custom. I'm extreamly happy with what I got in this guitar and it was an amazing price aswell, just love it. If I some how lost it I may consider getting another one, if I found the right deal. Maybe I would try to get another Jackson model, King V or RR (I frekin' love Jackson). I really like the ebony fretboard along with reverse shak fins and binding on neck and headstock, gives it a classy look. And you gotta love the original Floyd Rose, gives you many options in your playing. There is nothing with it that I relly don't like. The only thing that could make it better was if it had a neck pickup, then it would just be so complete. Luckily I'm not in great need of one, but it would be nice.

I pretty confident in this guitar and belive it will handle Live playing exelent, everything is of high quality material. The hardware is all black as I mentioned and the guitar is used, but the hardware looks like new exept for some very minor colour coming of the bridge from sweaty playing. The floyd also seems to handle abuse really well, it's all high quality stuff. The guy who owned this guitar before me replaced the original strap buttons with gold strap locks which I'm highly greatfull for, you don't want to risk to drop it. The finnish looks like it is very durable, this is a secondhand guitar and it shows no sign of wear exept on the fin and headstock. I'm absolutly in love with this thing and will gladly be using it Live as my main axe. I will always keep my LTD V-500 as backup if string snaps or something else, unpredicted happens. But over all it's a beast of a guitar.

I bought this guitar used and the guy I bought it from was the second owner of it. But I am amazed by how nice condition it was in, looks like new! The only thing is some very slight wear of finnish on the tip of the long fin and a milimeter spot on the headstock. Other than that you could easily have thought it was Brand New. I just had to adjust the floyd and the action a little bit and it was ready to rock. I havn't yet found any problems with it, it's in good shape and seams solid as a rock.

I've just bought a Jackson RR24 limited edition including case, strap and strap locks. Note that the price is for it used. It is made in Japan like the rest of thr pro series Jacksons and features: a 25,5 scale length, 24 jumbo frets, maple neck-thru on a alder body, ebony fretboard, reverse sharkfin inlays, cream/yellow binding on neck/headstock, single EMG 81 pickup, single volume, original Floyd Rose and the tuners are Jacksons brand. The finnish is black with yellow bevels and all hardware is black.

NokturnalMe
    This guitar is pure genius. Jackson is still one of the best out there. Though DBZ is quite amazing.