RR24 Rhoads review by Jackson

Jackson: RR24 Rhoads

Price paid: C$ 1399.99

Purchased from: Wentworth Music

I keep it metal. Nothin but metal, which is primarily what the guitar was designed for. It sounds just phenominal and I do not regret buying it what so ever. It's got no noise or anything unless you absolutely crank it, but, there are simple ways to block that out. The clean sound is a completely different story, it's not bad but it's not the greatest either, unless you have a flanger, chorus, and a bunch of ways to enhance your clean sound I wouldn't recomment buying this guitar. I've played it through all sorts of amps (Line 6 spyder series amps, Peavey's little amps and there JSX series, Marshall stacks and all) and it sounds great through all of them, but I'd recommend something with tubes.

Like I mentioned before, I keep it metal and this guitar suits my needs perfectly. I played it at several music stores all over western Canada before purchasing it, and every one I picked up was just unbeleivably amazing. I've been into guitar for years and I know a heck of a lot about the instrument, so have no fear taking my word for it. If I lost it or had it stolen, I'd replace it as soon as I could afford too. The only bad thing I could say about it is that the accessibilityl to the higher frets on the higher strings is a bit finicky. It's a bit difficult for really high sweeps etc. I love the EMG 81 it sounds magnificiant, but EVERYONE uses the 81. It's way to generic, I'll be replacing the pick up probably quite shortly, but I do enjoy the sound quite a bit. It was a toss up for me between the alexi-600 and rr24 but ultimately the Jackson was just way more impressing when it came to playability. I wouldn't mind it having a gain boost of some sort, doesn't necessarily need one but it'd be a nice bonus to the guitar, and I will be putting one in when I put a new pick up in and have an extra couple hundred dollars to spare.

You won't have much to worry about when bringing this guitar on stage. It's top of the line sort of speak. The quality and craftsmanship of this guitar are very high end. This guitar will take a beating and still give you an amazing tone long ways down the road. It may be expensive and gorgeous as sin, but I'm not easy on it at all. I play it like I own it in a sense. Everything from hardwear to strap buttons are on there nice and secure and you shouldn't have any problems on it(minus the possibility of breaking a string)

When I first picked it up it had been set up for standard tuning and all that, the action was incredibly low and it played fast as hell. The pick up was nice and low, the bridge was set up perfect, everything about it was just astonishing. There wasn't a single scratch on it when it finally arrived, the finish is just beautiful. It's the kind of guitar you can have beside you and you'll notice yourself admiring it daily. When I bought thicker strings and such it took no effort to set it up (besides the standard pains in the ass of floating bridges).

Made in Japan in 2007, 24 jumbo frets, 25.5" scale. Ebony fretboard, Maple neck, alder body, neck thru. I picked it up in white and black (I was goin for the black and yellow, but the discontinued it)but none the less it's got an amazing finish very clean and vibrant laquer. It's got the FRT-2000 Floyd Rose with the locking nut of course., with an EMG 81 active pick up, and a single volume nob. It came with a very beastly hard case that will most certainly take a beating with out damaging the guitar what so ever.