RR24M review by Jackson

Jackson: RR24M

Purchased from: Music Farm

Well, I'm a big Jackson RR fan but this time I wanted a guitar with 24 frets for the different solos I wanted to play such as Children of Bodom's songs.This guitar is perfect for my style. DO NOT BUY IF YOU NEED 2 PIKCUPS. This guita as 1 pickup. It's not a surprise so if you tend to use the neck pickup a lot, please do not buy. This guitar is for Metal/ hard rock players who likes to solo and use pinched harmonics a lot. I use my Marshall MG100HDFX with less gain than usual because of the active pick up and a bit of reverb and it's just great. The sound of this guitar is amazing and the clarity of the maple neck is just pure holy bonus. BTW the 24th fret is really easy to reach thanks to the neck-trhu that doesn't have thick back plate and the body also seems a little less larger than usual. Active pick up and bad clean? I don't think so. Really clean and interesting clean sound.

Well I didn't buy this guitar to play jazz or blues. I bought it for metal in low tuning like Drop C and it fits well. I like to play sharp, loud and make the guitar scream and that's what this guitar is begging for. I've played lots of guitar in my 3 years of playing but I always had a thing for Jackson RRs and this guitar made it even worst. I wish I could have bought it in Black though but at that price that was like the best deal ever. I recommend this guitar to any metal player. If you're used to play with rosewood fretboard, you might need some time to adapt to the maple fretboard at first. If it was stolen or lost? If somebody was to steal this guitar, I would probably turn into some kind of super hero who'd kick some criminal ass until I find the one who stole my guitar XD. IT IS MY PRECIOUS. If it was lost? how the hell do you lose a 5foot3 hardcase that weight about 30 pounds? Anyways, I really recommend this guitar to anyone who likes to play metal and likes to play with Vs

If I was ever to play live, this guitar would last forever. The hardwares look solid. I can't talk about strap buttons because as soon as I received it I put some strap locks on. Really awesome Floyd Rose, very reliable. The finnish looks like it's there to stay. Only thing is of course it's white so it will eventually turn to yellow-ish white. I don't think you'd need a backup for this guitar but you know... that's not a chance I would be willing to take. Shit happens. It's a 10 but if you like your guitar to stay like it was on the first day, I suggest you don't buy the white one... especially for smokers.

Honestly, I couldn't tell you if the guitar was properly set-up by the factory for I did not play with the original set-up for more than one hour. As soon as I got it I change the strings so I changes the set-up. But I'm pretty sure it was ok. The finish is just Killer and flawless... you look at it and it inspires respect, you won't feel like you're worth playing it. I had 1 flaw, only one and it seems, according to other reviews, than mine was exceptional. After maybe 3 months my guitar started to make noise that I had no control over. My luthier first thought it was the preamp of the pickup so we changed it for an EMG ALX with the gain booster but it didn't solve the problem. Turns out that it was the back cattery cavity that wasn't properly isolated. We relocated the battery in the back cavity and now everything is perfect. I'm giving 8 instead of 9 because it still cost me a pickup and repair/instalation fees because of the factory.

This killer guitar features a 24 fret neck-thru maple neck with jumbo frets with black toothshark inlays, one active EMG 81 pickup, an original Floyd Rose with nuts, a single volume knob and an amazing finish. Mine is white with black bevels and was received with the hardcase. It was a special offer from the Music Farm on Ebay.

TheBlackening91
    BlueLabel wrote: "I bought it for metal in low tuning like Drop C and it fits well". How'd you ever tune a floyd rose floating trem to a drop C tuning?
    Set it up correctly
    franciscojt
    How'd you ever tune a floyd rose floating trem to a drop C tuning?
    *cries for mankind*
    tiyfs
    Im waiting to try the new jackson X series, they 24 rr fixed bridge and floyd model.
    ESP Eclipse
    USE THE FINE TUNERS!!!
    BlueLabel
    lifetaker1000
    hmmmmm, something tells me i want to buy this to play steve ray vaughn songs...i dunno, just something about it makes me want to bust out the bb king tunes. lol