RR3 Rhoads review by Jackson

Jackson: RR3 Rhoads

Purchased from: Theplanetofsound.co.uk

Sound is loud! Mostly plays metal/thrash etc also the neck pickup has hardley eny bass compared with a Fender or Ibanez etc. Probably because there is hardley end body surounding it (well it is a Flying V). I'm currenlty using a Marshall AVT100 with a Boss MT-2 and the sound is just amazing, the sustain is fairly good but will improve once I put origanal duncans on it.

Overall this guitar is awesome and definitely worth the money, even though mine was built in Japan rather than america the quality of it is awesome, I aslo own an Ibanez RG7620 (7-string) which also has a floyd rose but I useually only use it for recording purposes, I also have a Fender Strat but it was my first so it's kinda worth out (constent playing) I have found nothing so far that I hate about it and I love everything ther is to offer, I copared this with a Jackson DXMG but chose this becuase the shat is more attractive and aslo plays alot better, but I do wish it had an original floyd rose and Seymors but hey, it was only 340 so I ain't complainig.

This guitar could play good live and has done, the hardware does seem stable but the floyed-rose is bit stiff, the srap buttons are very solid and also the guitar stands comfetably whilst playing it stood up (it doesn't tilt). Even though it is reliable live, I would always have a backup just in case a string pops because that would place the whole guitar out of tune because of the floyd rose.

The shop set it up for me and put guage 10's on it so I could downtune to D, ther wer really helpfull, the action is good especially for what I play (metal/shred) so far I have found no faults on the guitar since I bought it, it actually came from the factory set up and ready but I requested to have 10's fitted on.

Was made in japan, it has an alder body wit a maple-bolt on neck wit rosewood fingerboard, it has 22-frets with jumbo frets, I got the solid black finish, it aslo has a licsensd-floyedrose wich is fairly good but I'm gonna replace it with a original floyed soon, it has Duncan Desiged pickups (loud). It came with only an Allen key but what can I say for the price! It's shap is of a Flyind V but the bottom V is alot shorter wich actually makes it alot easyer to play whilst sitting down (unlike some V's) overall this was a fantastic buy and the features are exellent especially for the price!

mister_crowley
    these guitars are not very good, shoddy trem licenced floyd, the pickups are ok, nothing special and the shape is a bitch, to be honest