RR3 Rhoads review by Jackson

Jackson: RR3 Rhoads

Purchased from: Steve

I play mostly metal to hard rock, and damn this is the signature guitar, not to mention signature name and I'm damn proud to hold a "Randy Rhoads" style guitar. This baby can make such beautiful warm tones when switched up on the toggle, and put it up w/ a nice warm tube amp, then it's like the tears of angels playing out of the amp. Then add the MT-2 and GE-7 into it, set it to lead toggle and boom, it just comes alive. This goes from bluesy clean to the most aggressive sounding guitar you've ever heard.

I play mostly metal and this is my guitar, my dream guitar. If it were lost I would buy another one in a heartbeat (considering that my heartbeats quicker than my wallet gets money but I'd put the new one on my visa). If it were stolen... I would to no end chase the mofo who tried to steal it from me and show him the meaning of pain. But I digress, I love playing on this, and even if you picture me playing as an 80 year old man w/ this on my lap I'd die happy playing it.

Haven't played it live yet, but however this is gonna be my giggin guitar for sure. The finish will hold up, I've already banged it a few times (and yes I smacked myself just as hard to remind myself not to be careless about swinging it around wildly). The strap button is behind the body so I've played it enough times standing up and so far the strap has not come off the button. Not even once.

Factory set up was okay, had to play around w/ the saddle screw to lower the higher strings. The buckers were well adjusted even after lowering the strings for better action no adjustment was required on the humbuckers. This guitar had absolutely no flaws in my eyes or ears.

Early 00's, I still have to look at the neck more to check out the serial and stuff, though I would do it now but I'm at work. I'd rather be playing it. 22 fret, maple neck, rosewood fretboard w/ shark fin inlays, alder body, metal pick guard, floyd rose signature double locking tremelo bridge system, duncan humbuckers, transition black colour (bloody freaking beautiful) Rhoads style V shaped body. Oh so beautiful. This is my dream guitar and I have it. Had it for about 2 years. Only negative thing about it is the damn case, had to buy it after, took 2 bills to get it. I guess I have to save up for the TU-2 some other time then.

bl00dlust
    mister_crowley wrote: these guitars are not very good, shoddy trem licenced floyd, the pickups are ok, nothing special and the shape is a bitch, to be honest
    Do you have problems tuning a floyd rose son?
    RR=bestevrplaya
    a wonderful thing is the new 06's come wit real duncan jb, and 59, and it actually says floyd rose instead o jtp800 w/e on the specs, still havn't got one, but i want to, badly
    sandman321
    the shapes not bad...just put the lower pointy thing imbetween your legs when you play sitting down. i cant find a large picture of the black rr3 cause thats the one im thinking of getting
    sandman321
    and if your going to buy one, buy from music 123, cause there like $100 cheaper.
    RhoadsJackson71
    The shape is the only bad thing, I already chipped the small corner, but then again I am kinda clumsy.