RR3 Rhoads review by Jackson

Jackson: RR3 Rhoads

Purchased from: Long and McQuade

How do you think this thing sounds if someone buys 3 of them. Absolutely freaking amazing doesnt't even start to explain this amazing guitar. I can personally say that this guitar is the ultimate shredding machine for any metal head, not only that but is very versatile as you can use it for many differnt genres. I'm running this baby through a Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier and it's like an orgasm for your ears. I can't make a single complaint about the sound.

My overall impression, that's a tough one, one thing I have to say is that I've never played anything this great before other than the rr1 but unfortunatly I couldnt afford 3 of those. Another thing to consider is I've been able to complete destroy guitars in a matter of a single year such as Fender Strat, Gibson Les Paul, Gibson SG's, Gibson V, Ibanez RG, and even Dean ML, because simply other guitars just can't keep up with the harsher players towards their axes. I've been playing for nearly 11 years and I'm running this axe through 10 Boss efx, 10 mxr efx, Kerry King signature eq and a Mesa Boogie and it seems like any combination can still compliment this guitar. This guitar can't be stollen from me, it simply doesnt't leave my sight, it's not even questionable.

These guitars have been played live on numerous occasions. I actually take all 3 of them to each show, 1 as my main guitar, 1 as a back up, and the low tuned guitar is just brought out for special occasions during a set. The hardware seems to me that it will last long, I'm a pretty harsh player to my guitars and these guitars have definetely been put under tons of pressure and have always been reliable. The strap buttons on my axes were changed to locking buttons like any guitar player should do, noboby I know would want to risk a beautiful guitar like this falling off the buttons.

Action is amazing on 2 of the 3 rr3's I have. Two are tuned to d, g, c, f, a, d and the other is tuned to a, d, g, c, e, a and that's pretty hard to get action on any guitar with, but this baby still tears it apart. The factory settings were not bad but I'm very picky about how my guitars play. Pickups were also put in great but again I had to redo that due to my pickyness. Once again, absolutely freaking amazing and flawless guitar.

haz_uk
    [quoteisnt this the one that matt tuck has?[/quote] no, he plays an RR1T custom.
    Kenit
    ps the RR3 was equipped with real Seymour Duncans just recently, because in the review it says Duncan Designed Detonators
    Kenit
    d_lord1 : I'm thinking of getting one of these, i found it for 359.99 but I also found the RX10D for 285, which do you think I should get? and does anyone know the cheapest place I can get this guitar?
    The difference between the RR3 and RX10D is that 1) RR3 has original Seymour Duncan while the RX10D has Duncan Designed 2) The RR3 has a Floyd Rose licensed double locking tremolo while the RX10D has a Jackson double locking tremolo 3) The body wood of the RR3 is made from Alder and for the RX10D its Basswood. As for the prices, you should check online shops.
    d_lord1
    srpv92
    This guitar has beautiful action and is quite nice to play, but the sound quality is really crap, and the pickups give up and rust just after a year... the overall rating should be like 7.5. you might aswell buy new pick ups. The ffloyd rose is good on this guitar though if you tune it properly it can handle a few dives ;p
    Kenit
    Hey i was checking out some online shops and found 2 variations of the red transparent colors. One was red in the front and black at the sides and back, and the other was all red, but both said: Transparent Red. What does this mean?
    RR3
    i hav one of these and its a gr8 axe! the bridge is suprisingly smotherd with heavy distortion for an duncan designed pick up. ROAR!
    maggot #7
    i just bought this guitar in crimson swirl (awesome finish)and it is really awesome and my esp kh202 has yet to arrive yet so this kills me from my boredom
    [I Buy Peace]
    Audio_State wrote: sam from dragonforce plays one of these lol
    Lol, yea, he's in a big band and everything and doesn't even have a USA one. Although he has a custom Ibanez V now
    will22 wrote: No That was a standard rr1t. and before that he used a rr5. not not his white one,the black one he had on the early 06 tour. the black one looks so much better
    _3Lm0_
    I think Kristian Ranta (Kride) from Norther plays one of these. Fsck yea. Norther.
    will22
    sepultura alma
    This guitar is great ive had it for about 3 month now and ive yet to find a thing i dont like about it the shapes not a problem at all when sitting down infact i prefer it to a standard shape guitar you just have to rest it inbetween your legs [quote]d_lord1 wrote: I'm thinking of getting one of these, i found it for 359.99 but I also found the RX10D for 285, which do you think I should get? and does anyone know the cheapest place I can get this guitar? get the rr3 and thats the cheapest i found it too