RR3 Rhoads review by Jackson

Jackson: RR3 Rhoads

Purchased from: guitar center IN

The style of music I like to play is really uncertain. I am really into the metal aspect right now so this guitar really suits my style at the moment. I'm useing a 120 watt Crate VTX series amp. the pickups don't give out much feed back is good, when you turn both volume controls up the guitar will scream when you tell it to. The RR3 has a very full sound with little buzzing but that's just a matter of the truss rod position. the variety of sounds is really great. With the Flyod Rose Tremelo system you can make the guitar scream very loud and proud. It comes with the three channel pick up Switch so there is a lot of variety.

I play a wide range of styles, ranging from classical guitar to metal/neo clasical with everything in between. This guitar can work with all of them. I have been playing for about 9 years now and I also own a Washburn X30 custom that I customized and that is also a peace of ART. I would Say I would of rathered a Laiho ESP V but since that is like 4 grand the Jackson is just as suitable. I would probibly get a different guitar, just so I could try something else, the Jackson is a great guitar. I love the range of sound you can get with the Jackson RR3 but I don't like how I can't sit with it very easily. I chose the guitar becuase it was designed by Randy Rhoades Who is my metal/rock, role model and I wanted to try it. I have no regrets getting it. If you want a full sound with a wide range of flexiblity then check out the Jackson RR3.

The guitar will surly withstand Live playing, the hardware seems long lasting. The strap buttons seemed solid but I didn't use them I switched them out with Strap lock buttons right when I got the guitar. I can depend on this guitar to get the job done. Although I would bring a back up gutiar just incase the Jackson goes out of tune. Flyod systems are not perfect. The finish does seem like it can last, it hasn't started to wear.

Coming from the factory my guitar was in pretty decent shape. The action was set kinda high so I had that lowered. The pickups were set right the bridge did come crooked but that was easily fixed. It did have a poorly done locking nut set up at the top of the neck. And the pickup switch is noisy.

Well I'm not sure what year it was made, but it was made in Japan, the guitar is constructed with an alder body, in a Rhoads V shape and has a 22 fret rose wood fretboard, it has a solid Black finish on it. It comes with a Floyd Rose licensed bridge. It has two volume nobs and one Tone. It comes with Duncan Designed pickups. It came with Schaller tuners.

ozchiri
    Does someone know what is the difference between the RR3 and the RR3-CS mine has Dots instead of the Sharkfin inlays, Thanks Oz
    Aminos
    The RR3 is An amazing guitar, i got it a month ago and i haven't found any bad thing about it
    syn_7
    and the dudes bitching about seating and practicing with this guitar,its meant to be played alexi laiho style
    Korntera
    im gettin the rr3 with eerie dess swirl, plus seymour duncan pickups rock,cant w8 4 (as led zep wud say) the hammer of the gods 2 arrive at my doorstep.i was gonna get a dean razorback explosion, but i cant afford it lol