RR3 Rhoads review by Jackson

Jackson: RR3 Rhoads

Purchased from: guitarguitar.co.uk

It sounds awesome! no complaints at all. I play melodic death metal predominatly; Children Of Bodom, Norther, Dark Tranquility, some Cannibal Corpse and some rock. I'm running I through my Crate GT15R and a Behringer Ultra Metal pedal. I've noticed a great improvement in the noise department with the Jackson, with my Epiphone I had a constant buzz, but with this there's just a hint of it when I crank it up. This guitars ideal for my style of playing, pinch and natural harmonics are easy to produce and the sustains pretty good considering it's shape. The tremolo is great saying that it's licenced, it hasn't gone out of tune no matter how much I divebomb with it.

I play melodeath and this guitar suits me great, it was good enough for Alexi Laiho so it's good enough for me. I've been playing for about a year and 3/4 and this Jackson outshines my Epi Les Paul easily, more features, better sound and tone, and a kickass shape. I had looked up on this guitar before I bought it, and I played it 3 or 4 times in shop so I knew it was awesome. If it was stolen, I'd definately try and get it back, and I'd buy another one with no worries. My favourite features are the tremolo and the shape, only problem is that it's too big for my case so I need to get another one for it, and I really don't wanna drop this guitar on it's fins. I was going to buy the cheaper model, the RX10D, but the RR3 had more features and was better quality so I opted for it instead. If it had 24 frets and cream pinstripe bevels it would be perfect, but I'm exstatic with what it has and I would recomend this guitar to anyone Who likes metal.

I'm yet to play the guitar Live, but it seems to be pretty robust, I was concerned that the fins would be fragile but they seem to be sound, only problem I find is that the strap buttons were too big to get straplocks over, but on the plus side that means the straps not likely to come loose, and the buttons are situated in such a way that the strap doesnt't come close to coming off. I wound definately depend on it in a gig, the pickups work fine, and the tremolo doesnt't make the strings snap.

The guitar was flawless aside from a crack in the body near the neck, but it's no big deal and is only noticed is you look closely. The guitar arrived out of tune but I expected that as it came from scotland and I live in the midlands. Me being a noob to Floyd Roses, it took me around an hour to set it up properly, but I go it done in the end. The actions pretty good, but at the moment I don't know how to adjust it at the moment so I guess I cound get it better. I was plesantly surprised to find that there were no loose parts and the pots for the knobs turned smoothly.

Made in 2007 I guess and made in Japan. It has 22 jumbo frets, a compound 14"-16" rosewood fingerboard and a maple neck. The body is made from alder and solid black and is in the randy rhoads v style. It has a licenced double locking Floyd Rose tremolo which is pretty damn good, 2 Seymour Duncan pickups, in the bridge position a TB4 humbucking pickup and in the neck a jazz humbucking pickup. It has 2 volume controls, a tone control and a 3 way pickup selector. It has Jackson die cast tuners.

kradamek
    Kenit wrote: ps the RR3 was equipped with real Seymour Duncans just recently, because in the review it says Duncan Designed Detonators
    wuts the diference between seymour duncans and duncan designed
    8r0d3ur
    metallica_man2 wrote: my black rr3 was 665$ canadian. the dess wirl was over a hundred dollars more, no way am i payiong that much more for a pretty paint job
    hey where did u get it from, when did you get it, and is that tax included?
    2mins2midnite
    this guitar is gr8, even tho it might hav sum flaws, it is one of the best i have had it for a while and played it live and stuff, its gr8
    shauncloy
    Does anybody know how to fix the whammy bar for this guitar? mine got loose and i dont know how to fix it. I would really appreciate the help..
    Calgary_Rocker
    shauncloy: the whammy is loose? at the base of the whammy, is a nut that connects the whammy to the trem....just turn it clockwise.