RR3 Rhoads review by Jackson

Jackson: RR3 Rhoads

Purchased from: Guitar center

The Jackson rr3 is pefect for all rock styles and metal. I'm useing a Ibanez half stack with this guitar and a few pedals. the sound is kina lacking cus of the pickups so I would recomend a pickup swap. but for what they are they are not that bad. the bridge has a nice bright sound and the neck pickup has a nice warm feeling and smooth with the right distortion settings. Iv been able to get sounds from blues to heavy metal with this guitar and many more so it has a wide variety of sounds at your disposal.

I play mainly hard rock and metal and this guitar suits the styles well as it does many others. iv been playing for nearly 8 years and also have a Dean avalnche 7 string, Epiphone SG, and a Fender 12 string acustic. befor I bought this I wish I would have had the guy show me how to do a string change and tune the guitar the right way with the Floyd Rose trem. I later had to go online and search how to do it and is not as hard as I though and as many people think they are to set up and stay in tune. If this guitar is ever stolen I would find Who took it and beat them with this guitar and it will Hurt cus of the sharp edges lol. I love almost everything about this guitar, I only wish the pickups were better as they are with the new ones with acual duncans and I wish it had 24 frets. At the time I was looking at this guitar I was also looking at a Jackson dinky. I got this one cus guitar was sold out of the dinky's I was looking at the day befor. like I said I wish the pickups were better and it had 24 frets, that's all I wish it had. so over all it's a solid guitar that I love very deeply.

iv had this guitar since 06 and have jammed with friends all the time and practice a hour at least every day and the guitar has held up the whole time. the trem barely goes out of tune when useing it and I kinda abuse the thing to death and only have to tune a tad bit once ever week, and even then it's only a slight adjustment. the hardware I know will last a life time but I plan to replace a few of them for something better. This is my go to 6 string so I have to depend on it. for all my 6 string songs I know I can rely on it without a back up for that tuneing. for different tuneing I'd have to use a different guitar seeing as this has the floating trem and takes time to change tunneings, adjust the spring tension, re set the intonatation ect ect. the finish will last, there are only a few paint chips from hitting the lower part of the body on stuff. and everyon that plays a v or a guitar like this will know how easy that is to do.

I'm guessing the guitar was set up well from the factory but seeing as it was on the show room floor for a while and many other people were useing it and such, it wasn't how I liked it. so I had to set it up the way that I liked it. the pickups were nice the way there were but once again not how I liked them, so I lowered them a little to get a warmer sound. the trem cavity was perfectly routed. when I got the guitar there were now flaws. about a month after haveit it the only problem I had was the trem arm would come loose from the trems base plate, it was an easy fix, all I had to do was put a little plummers tape on the allen screw holding the trem arm assembly to the trem plate and the problem was fixed.

I'm not sure on the year but I'm guessing it was made aroun 04 or 05. Was made in japan I belive could be wrong though. it's a 22 fret 25.5 scale bolt on neck with jumbo frets and a rosewood fretboard on a rock maple neck. The body is alder with a gloss black finish. The body style is a randy rhoads styel v. the bridge is a lisensed floyde rose low pro tremolo with locking nut. has passive duncan designed neck and bridge pickups. features two volumes and a master tone controle and a 3 way toggle Switch. Jackson tuners. was supose to come with the 2 allan wrenches and the whammy bar but guitar center didn't have the ones that came with it so I had to get the allen keys myself and gc gave me a different whammy bar that wasn't from the guitar. all the hardwear is chrome except the whammy bar thanks to guitar center.