RR3 Rhoads review by Jackson

Jackson: RR3 Rhoads

The sound of the guitar is amazing. I play a lot of metal and some rock, the guitar fits the genres perfectly. Dispite the fact that I play though a bass amp the guitar still manages to create a pleasant clean sound and when I use a distortion pedal the guitar creates a great "crunch" sound. The guitar can be as loud as your amp can handle, managing to create a rich and full sound at any volume.

This guitar is perfect for me. I play metal and it creates a great sound for this genre. I've been playing for just over 2 years now and this is my fourth guitar, out of all of them, this is the best, it handles perfectly and allows me to play advanced techniques that I would otherwise struggle with on another guitar. If this guitar was stolen or lost I would definatly buy another.

I have used this guitar in concerts a few times and the only problem with it is that it doesn't have strap locks so the strap can fall off quite easily. The hardware has not worn at all so far and I have had it for almost a year now, so I'm guessing they will last. This guitar is dependable, and I have on multiple occasions used it in a gig without a backup. The finish has not worn, however because of the guitars pointy shape it tends to be hit against door frames and other surfaces easily, causing the paint to chip, however if your careful, it probably would not wear at all.

The guitar that I bought had been set-up by a professional in the store that I purchased it from. The action was set just right, allowing fast and fluent playing, the pickup selector was slightly noisy, however this was not a problem because it wasn't noticable over the sound of the amp.

The guitar has 22 jumbo frets with sharkfin inlays, a rosewood fretboard and maple bolt on neck. The body is made from Alder wood with a trans red finish. The body shape is the Rhoads V with a Floyd Rose double locking tremelo. The guitar has two Seymour Duncan Detonator HB-103 humbuckers. There is a 3-way pick up selector and 3 control knobs, two for volume (one for each humbucker) and one for tone. The guitar also has chrome hardware.

thebettyfier
    Reviewed by: Zeroxsk8er1, on december 10, 2007 Price paid: 0 Impression: It's worth more than what I paid for! Man what a deal!
    i say lol. =D
    Steel8909
    8r0d3ur wrote: hey where did u get it from, when did you get it, and is that tax included?
    Probally Long and McQuade.I saw the Crimson Swirl one there for $743.
    Steel8909
    Jonny Blaze wrote: Does anyone else think that it this guitar looks smaller in person than it does in pictures? Cuz I got mine and it looked kinda small. Then again I'm kinda big so maybe it's just relative.
    Ya when I saw it I thought it was halfsize or something lol But then again my no name guitar is freaking huge compared to all other guitars
    erock82190
    666James666
    Went to GAK in Brighton and fell in love with this awesome guitar. Buying on in about a month, can't wait.
    Dragath Lee
    hah i got the same guitar, im jamming with it right now except its Cobalt Blue Swirl colour, and i say i love it ;]
    Seef
    erock82190 wrote: metal_man101 : anyone with one of these notice it has a weight problem like the js30rr??! It doesn't feel balanced when playing satnding up. The neck feels like it wants to face towards the ground. Just have to get use to it
    Move the strap pin to right behind the neck. To find where to do it you have to look it up online. It completely balances everything out.
    tommilee
    this is the best guitar iv ever bought brilliant to play! everyone should have one