RR3 Rhoads review by Jackson

Jackson: RR3 Rhoads

Purchased from: www.Musicland.co.uk

I mainly play heavy metal and this guitar is perfect for it. It can deliver both hard hitting power chords and screeching shredding solos. I use a Peavey Vyper 75 with the sanpera 1 and it is a perfect match. It can make anyone sound like Randy Rhoads himself. The 3 way provides 3 perfect settings for different types of playing. The amazing thing about this guitar is even though it's a metal shape and very radical it also provides the perfect sound for blues or even classical. I have absolutely no problems with the sound and I would highly recommend this.

This guitar is perfect for metal music and I would highly recommend it. I don't see me ever selling this guitar and it has everything I will ever need. I love the transparent blue finish with the matte black hardware. There are only two small problems. The first is that the position of the input can bend some types of leads buy a millimeter or so. However this will not break them and it took me a while to notice and I would not worry about it. The second problem is the shape. It looks fantastic but it means buying a new stand and cases which are hard to find and slightly more expensive. But apart from these two small problems the guitar is practically flawless. Would Highly Recommend!

I play in a metal band and during gigs it is perfect and stays in tune beautifully. I once had a 3 day practice type thing with my band and I did not tune it once. The hardware is very durable and well fitted. the strap buttons are in the perfect place and perfectly fitted. I can definitely depend on this guitar as there are no rattles or loose parts anywhere and the input holds the jack perfectly. I have not had the guitar for very long but it all seems built to last and very well fitted. However there is an Achilles heel for the finish and that is the end of the top V. It looks as if the edges could easily damage with a bit carelessness but most guitars have this. Mine is currently not damaged.

This guitar was delivered perfect, I just plugged in and played. The action was perfect and needed no adjusting as were the pick ups. it's almost as if they designed the guitar round me. Everything on the guitar is tight and well built and I just can't believe how good it truly is.

This is the most recent RR3 with the black hardware. I got mine with the transparent blue and it looks stunning. it has a 22 jumbo fret maple bolt on neck which is bolted on at the bottom and exquisitely ended with the classic 6 in line Jackson head stock. The Body shape although looking extremely sexy is slightly impractical. when sitting down it has to go between the knees and most cases wont fit. The bridge is licensed under Floyd Rose patents and is the best in it's price range. it is fantastic and can really take heavy whammy bar abuse. The bridge works in perfect Harmony with the locking neck and die cast tuners.

Mephitboy
    Sick guitar, a few of my friends bought it, even though they have higher end guitars. I have a site with lots of Randy Rhoads Guitar.
    bazz205
    Mind Kill wrote: Does this stay in tune after whammy abuse?
    Yes it does. It features a locking nut, which locks the strings in tune. Of course you'd have to retune it from time to time still.
    calummorris1993
    Fearnohamsters
    calummorris1993 wrote: just to double check, i should be buying this soon... xD is the jack socket located on the side of the upper horn ? thanks
    Yeh it is
    m3ta11ic4
    Cant decide between the RR3 rhoads and the KVX10 king V. anyone own both and know which is more suited towards metal, better sound quality, hardware, pickups, etc?
    Banana Wedgie
    Can't decide if I want this or the Ke3 (which is I think the exact same spec) Although this would be better for dive bombing, but I don't want the pickguard to ruin the Eerie Dress Swirl colour.
    liam_barker_12
    will22 wrote: isnt this the one that matt tuck has?
    yer but hes got one in like a sliver fleck kinda paint job. it looks sick!
    Nemisis1590
    hey guys i just wanted to know wheather i should get this guitar or a ESP-LTD F - 250 ?? thnx
    calummorris1993
    had it now for a few months .. amazing guitar no problems tremolo is amazing and sd pups sound amazing