RR3 Rhoads review by Jackson

Jackson: RR3 Rhoads

Purchased from: Local shop in Sweden

I play mainly heavy, speed, power and some death/black metal. No problems there. I have a POD X3 Live which I at home almost always play through headphones, but when I rehearse I play it against a PA-system, and it really sounds like a devil! Responsive as h*ll, no extra noise here! But with the Seymour Duncans, this guitar can do so much more. Sometimes I like to play clean and such, Works great here too, sounds really warm and nice with the neck pickup. It's almost perfect for everything!

I've had a DK2M before, but never setup really well. This guitar (though in the same range) kicks the living shit out of it! Not to be mistaken, the DK2M is a wonderful guitar (I have posted a review on it here as well) with almost the same specs as this one, but the setup differs. This guitar just doesn't look bad ass, it plays bad ass and feels really bad ass! Superb guitar, no downsides. If someone would steal this guitar from me... Well, let's say it like this: If someone ever thinks about it, they'll die... Just from thinking it. But more realistic answer, I would try to get it back, if not able to it, I'd track down another one to buy.

Since I will be going to buy another guitar for more... "Metal" purposes, I'd still go to a gig with this one and not care about backup, this sturdy guitar doesn't need it. I don't know really, but I have experienced that the tremolo on this one might be more well done than the random you can find on other Pro-series Jackson guitars. Might just be me, but it sure feels that way. The finish and everything is really well done, and the guitar has been used but it looks like it's mint condition (except for the dent).

Since the guitar is second hand, the guitar had a dent on the longer wing, but the previous owner had fixed it quite nicely (You have to look really close to see it). It also has a small crack just above it, but nothing to worry about, Really nice condition! Since I know the guy in the shop, he adjusted the action killer low and before I bought it he had the frets filed aswell. Nothing to say about it, it's a dream to play! Easiest guitar I've ever played (And I've played guitars rating MUUUCH more than this one)

I managed to pickup a Jackson RR3 Limited Edition at a local shop in my town. "I Saw it, I played it, I bought it" to make a long story short. I doesn't say where the guitar is made, but I'm guessing Japan since all the other Pro-series are made there. -22 Jumbo frets. -Rosewood fretboard with Mother of pearl inlays -Alder body (I think) with maple neck. -White with black pinstripes -Classic Randy Rhoads-shape (RR) -Licensed Floyd Rose (Jackson's JT580LP) -Seymour Duncan JB TB4 in the bridge and SH2N "Jazz" In the neck -One master volume and two tone controls with a 3-way switch (B, BN, N) Jackson locking tuners and I got a V-shaped Jackson hardcase included in the price!