RR3 Rhoads review by Jackson

Jackson: RR3 Rhoads

I've been playing about a year and a half, I own a Line 6 spider IV (yes, very generic, but I don't feel like spending $700 on a tube amp, gotta start saving for college). I play mostly hard rock and metal, some classic rock stuff. I own a Squier Affinity Strat (in the process of being converted into a Frankenstrat), Epiphone SG G400, and a Hamer Sunburst Flat Top. The RR3 surpasses all of those, although I haven't seen its full potential, as I'm stuck with the Line 6. The neck is fast, sweeps, bar chords, soloing is easy. No noise issues, but the tone is pretty much whatever the Line 6 gives me, which isn't bad (I don't cake on millions of effects). The neck pup is great for cleans, and bridge screams for metal, harmonics are easy. 9 as I haven't played it through a proper amp yet.

Great for metal, hard rock, and cleans. If it were stolen or lost (how do you loose a guitar lol) I would want to buy a new one, but couldn't afford too. I am glad I asked for this guitar, I love everything about it, I hate nothing. My favorite feature would probably be the inlays or the FR. I wish it was neck thru and had an OFR, and ebony fingerboard, but then it would be an RR1, and thats about $1300 more.

The guitar will withstand live playing, but I haven't gigged with it. The hardware will last (obviously you have to take care of it). Strap buttons are solid (haven't replaced them). Since I'm not a dumbass, I would always gig with a backup. The finish seems like it will last a long time.

Factory set up was great, the action wasn't high, although I prefer it lower. Came with 9's. No flaws as far as I can find. I haven't taken it into GC to get it set up perfectly yet, I'm waiting till I have to change strings. The finish is amazing, and the pups are set up just fine.

Made in 2010, Japan. Got it for the GC Black Friday 15% off sale. 22 Frets, flame maple top, alder body, bolt on (wish it was neck thru but that's a lot more $$$)maple neck w/ rosewood fingerboard and shark-tooth inlays. Transparent blue. Comes with Seymour Duncan pups and a Jackson licensed FR (which stays in tune well, although I don't dive-bomb constantly). Jackson tuners, came with a nice hard-case, but I'm still paranoid to take it out of the house.Although the hardware is not the best (no OFR or Grover/Schaller Tuners) For the price, 10, especially considering the pups.