RR3 Rhoads review by Jackson

Jackson: RR3 Rhoads

Price paid: € 550

Purchased from: Musicstore

I got 2 playing styles, one is trash metal, metalcore, and the other one classic rock like Thin Lizzy, Dire straits,... Now this guitar is ideal for both, the neck pickup has a nice warm sound for the softer music, while the bridge pickup really get's you going for metal. (I think this is the pickup Dave Mustaine uses) The jazz pickup gove a really nice clean sound, while i wouldn't recommend using the bridge pickup without distortion. I guess you can go a lot of ways with the sound from this guitar, but it really is made for metal.

For me playing metal, this guitar has the ideal sound. I have been playing for 3 years now, and this is been y very first guitar I bought myself (started learning on a guitar a friend let me use) and it is still my favorite guitar (got 4 at the moment) It has never let me down, and I don't see that happening anytime sound. If it would be stolen, I would not by this again though, for the simple reason I'd like a change for once. But I would surely recommend this guitar to people wanting to buy a metal guitar in the 600-700 euro range.

This guitar get's a 10 since there has been absolute nothing wrong with it for as long as I have it. There is no wear on the hardware, not even a little rust, really nice strap buttons and I think this guitar can take a lot of abuse. The finish doesn't wear off, only if you hit it against a wall, which I guess will be so with every guitar. This could be used surely without a backup.

When I got this guitar, it came from warehouse of the musicstore (it really is a gigantic shop and it needs a seperate building for it's storage) and yet it came out of storage in tune! I only have changed the height of the pickups a little, but that's it. Now it misses some paint, but that's totaly my fault as I can't use a V shaped guitar without once in a while hitting something with the wings, so the end bit of the wings lost their paint. What I do find annoying is that when I turn the volume knob to zero, it doesn't totally mute the sound. You can still play and hear it through your amp.

I bought this guitar in 2008, and I guess this is a Japanese one. (I've been looking for a while to date it, but I still haven't got a clue) It is a bolt-on maple neck Randy Rhoads model with 22 jumbo frets on a rosewood fretboard with Shark fin inlays. It has a black finish with black hardware. (licensed floyd rose, 2 volume controls, 1 tone control and a three-way pickup switch and a tremlo bar) It's got 2 Seymour Duncan humbucking pickups, a jazz neck pickup and a JB bridge pickup For the 550 I got a free bag worth 50. Now this was 3 years ago, and since then the price in this shop has increased every year. Their site lists it now at over 700. I give this a 9 because in my opinion this guitar is worth more than what I paid for it and overal these are nice features. I'm not that big a fun of the floyd rose since I like to switch tunings a lot, which is really annoyin with this floyd rose, but, hey, I just let this in one tuning and use my other guitar if I like a change)

metal4ever96
    is there anyone that can answer my question around here? im new to UG, and I was thinking there might someone on here that can help. is the jackson RR3 smaller than the jackson RR1? plz answer!
    jjfeu662
    Is $299 a good used price for this? GC has one and I might be interested in it.