RX10D Rhoads review by Jackson

Jackson: RX10D Rhoads

Purchased from: www.Cheapguitardeals.co.uk

The guitar is mostly aimed at metal/rock players such as myself and when dropped down low, it sounds amazing. However through the neck pickup you still get an awesome tone for bluesy playing too. The floyd rose allows the full range of whammy bar tricks and doesn't suffer the problem many jacksons do of tuning down 1/2 a step when you divebomb. It has a great powerfull tone when used through a good distortion pedal such as a Boss metalzone or a Line 6 uber metal.

I play predominantly metal and tend to stick to my Ibanez for blues as the floyd rose makes it awkward to change from my normal drop C to Standard tuning. However if you tend to play always in the same tuning the floyd is a godsend for the tuning locks. If it were lost/stolen, I'd consider buying another one, but since I've just been ordered an RR1 for my 18th birthday I may not bother. Conversely if I didn't have an RR1 coming then I would definately replace it, it's exactly the same build quality as an RR3 but at a much lower price. I love the action and the light weight of the product and I think that overall it far beats my Ibanez destroyer for playability. There are no features I wish this guitar had though I am considering replacing the pickups as I'm building a guitar from scratch and could use the Duncans which are in it for my handmade one.

The strap buttons on this guitar must have been cemented n as my guitar has never come off. the hardware is of good quality and I'm sure it will last. The finish is thick paint and is very difficult to scratch. I personally haven't ever gigged the guitar, but I let my friend use it Live and he said it was fine, the tuning locks helping to avoid awkward retuning between songs. However I would never use a guitar with a floyd rose Live without backup, just because the bridge system would mean you are screwed if a string snaps. This applies to any guitar with a floyd rose so it's not a flaw with this guitar

This guitar is extremely well set up from the factory though I had to reset it because I tuned down to drop C. I like my action super low and I barely had to touch it 'cause it was already so low. The guitar is well made and I've not found any flaws with the construction of it so far, and especially for the money I paid, I am really satisfied with the build (I got mine at a really reduced price).

This is a 2006 Jackson X Series Rhandy Rhoads model guitar. It's got 22 jumbo frets and a super smooth neck, which is nice and thin for players with small hands such as myself. Mine is in black, but the guitar comes in a range of graphic finishes too, though at an extra price. It has Duncan Designed pickups which are powerfull and have a good amount of tone. It comes only with a 3-way selector for the pickups and a volume control and has a floyd rose trem with locking nut.

NightmareXT
    Shinozoku wrote: I hate to burst your bubble, but the RR3 is actually a lower end model tan the RR1, which features genuine Seymour Duncans, an origonal Floyd Rose, and a maple thru-body neck, which is topped with an ebony fingerboard. The RR3 is like an upgrade to the guitar you currently have, with an alder body, diferent pickups, and a master tone knob, I believe, in addition to the volume and p-u selector. So.. which one are you actually getting?
    You've almost got it, but not quite. The RR3 actually does have real Seymour Duncans (A Jazz in the neck and a JB in the bridge). And to d_lord1: Yes, it is most definitely worth the extra 50 for it. It's so much better quality wise.
    Yngwie #1
    Hell yeah, the RR3 is a way better guitar than the RX10D. I know cause I own a RR3
    nickdude
    haha, RR1 is the only one worth having, ESP SV is the way to go, but if you're on a budget, RR3 ftw. RX10D has the input jack on the lower wing which = ****in annoying when sitting down with it, also, the necks on the RR3/RR1/RR5 are much nicer, the RX10D really isnt worth it when, as d_lord1 asked, you can just save a little bit more and get a much better axe
    d_lord1
    this might seem like a stupid question but does the tremolo arm on this go up and down because on the guitar i have now i doesnt?
    d_lord1
    go on www.thomann.de its a german website which is cheap anyway but if you go on the uk bit, the prices are translated directly into s so it si very cheap
    CobenBlack
    i wish i'd ordered mine from there, my rr3 cost me 430, and that was with a discount!!!
    d_lord1
    and by the way, www.cheapguitardeals.co.uk doesn't sell jackson guitars
    d_lord1 wrote: is it worth paying 50 extra for an rr3? [/quote]
    Der Bomber wrote: What was the price tag on that?
    The price for the rx10d was 320 and the rr3 was 358 which one is better to buy considering i dont have too much money to spend
    ChoPxSueY
    I'd have to disagree with the reliability. It may just be me getting the black sheep but my neck pickups have this annoying fuzz that others dont have. Also my volume knob came loose , if i tighten the nut then no sound comes out at all, so its stuck loose. Part from that its all good.
    Digger
    I've had a Randy Rhodes model Jackson for about 12 years. I don't get into the whole RR1 vs RR3 shit. Mine says Rhodes EX on the truss rod cover (no, I don't know or care if thats cool). Having been around the block with it a million times in gigs recording and practice, it's never let me down. As for the floating bridge tuning and breaking strings live. Fit new strings before you play. Take it from me, you'll be right. My only bitch about it is 22 frets. Give me 24 and it's best metal guitar in the world.....for ever ever.
    bassmonkey16
    i like the look. the angle below the bridge is slightly offset from the bridge, i think it adds some flavour. i'd prefer a long scale tho, especailly if i were tuning to drop C
    TinTin8
    i would beg to differ that the rr3 and the x are on the same line of quality. but each to their own opinion.
    chimairakid
    infact i take my above comment back. it was clearly worded in the first place. you must have misread it.
    chimairakid
    appologies that was porly worded on my behalf, i am getting an RR1. i was trying to say that the RX10D is almost exactly the same quality as an RR3 (ive played both and have many friends with the RR3). I didnt mean that the RR3 was better than the RR1, thats lunacy
    zep_n_gun
    I liked the sound but i hated it when i got it. The action was sooooo high and if i lowered it the frets would buzz and you couldn't hear them. it was crap. but it had a pretty nice sound and stayed in pretty good tune. I paid 500. they tried to sell it to me for 700 though. bastards
    The Kinzo
    I thought the fretboard was rosewood
    Maggot3000
    i bought this guitar in december and had saved for almost a year for it, and ill tell you its well worth the money, very comfortable and easy to play, if anyone is looking to buy a jackson rhoads w/o spending lots of $ this the the guitar for you
    joshua767
    i own this guitar and that review is spot on. i mostly play Metallica, Iron Maiden, Megadeth etc and it sounds brilliant, i had it through a Marshall JCM stack and it was amazing
    Shinozoku
    deadlyMETAL
    Steven Jack wrote: rhandy rhoads are f**kin annoying to sit down with though
    Only when trying to play them like a traditional electric guitar. These are meant to be played Slayer/Children Of Bodom(Alexi Laiho) style: stick the very end of the guitar in your general crotch area, particularly on your thigh. This guitar makes this position so that you can shred really high on the neck much more freely than say on a Strat.