RX10D Rhoads review by Jackson

Jackson: RX10D Rhoads

Purchased from: Masmusika Quito

The bridge pickup sounds amazing with a very heavy crunchy tone. The neck pickup gives a very smooth sound that is really awesome for soloing like Malmsteen. Mostly I play metal like COB, Metallica, Megadeth, and suff like that so it gives the appropriate sound for this genres. I use it through a MT-2 in a Fender Twin Reverb and in a London Reverb. It sounds with a very powerful and heavy sound. I use it with lots of mids and I like a lot this sound because it sounds like COB's sounds.

I use this guitar for Metal mostly COB and my own band's songs so it matches perfectly. I play since I was 10 so I know where I'm into so I knew which was the best option for buying but looking in my wallet and testing every guitar that I wished. The first thing that I've asked in the store was ''do you have the RR24?'' Unfortunately they didn't have it so I chose the more similar one. Other option was the LTD Alexi-200 but decided this one instead. It was an excellent decision. If it were stolen and I have only 500 bucks I definetly buy it again but if I had like 1000 bucks I will go for the LTD Alexi-600 Sawtooth or the RR24.

This guitar has an everlasting quality because nothing seems to break or get rust, everything looks and feels very strong, hard to break. The strap buttons are like fused with the wood because both haven't moved or got loose. Definitely I am sure I can use it on a gig without backup because no matter how many times I dive or play with the tremolo, it stays in tune and the strings doesn't break (I use Dean Markley's YJM signature strings .008 gauge).

This guitar has been very well set from the factory so it didn't gave any problem. It has been calibrated since I've bought it so I didn't have to do any other adjustment. The shit that this guitar gave me was that the volume knob got loose but it wasn't a serious problem because with a screwdriver I've adjusted the screw so it stays tight and doesn't get loose again. Forgetting that little thing, it is the perfect guitar (price and quality) for an intermediate guitar player that buys his second or third guitar.

My guitar is Japanese made with 22 jumbo frets that are really easy to play. It has Shark teeth inlays that makes this guitar really good-looking with a bad ass look. Mine is black but you can find it in other cool colors. It has Duncan Designed pickups that have a great sound in riffs and solos. The Floyd Rose of this guitar is a licenced one, I can dive or do the Laiho's harmonics playing with the tremolo and it doesn't get out of tune.

\m/(-_-)\m/
    I have this guitar with a crimson swirl finish. It's a damn good quality guitar. Good distortion sound & even better clean sound. PERFECT for shredding out some OPETH.
    althebold711
    Would've gotten an RR3 but i found a deal for a used RX10 for $200. Only it's an RX10 RR...is that much different from the RX10D.