SL3 Soloist review by Jackson

Jackson: SL3 Soloist

There isn't a single genre of music you can't play with this guitar. The tremolo pickups have the nicest clean sound in the whole world, as well as the heaviest crunchiest sound if you want that. I play mainly metal, and instrurock, and this guitar takes the prize for all you want. I have actually tried to play every genre of music just to test the sound of each and every one, and I can't say I have heard a better average sound in a long while. It's really great. It's a liiiittle flaw about the whole thing (a little noise from other strings when playing with reeeally high gain, but I guess I can be fixed with a new dist. pedal).

This is the perfect match for my style of music (the whole instrumental metal range of music). I play it through a Behringer UM-pedal and a Marshall MG-15 (know the amp is a little sucky). I would buy this guitar again in a second if anyone would dare to take it from me. If I could have afforded it of course. I must say I'm not 100% used to the vibsystem, but I've been playing a crappy guitar lately anyways. It makes palm muting the D-string a little difficult cuz I keep bending down the vib with my wrist. I've only been playing it a couple of weeks of course, so the technique is coming to me as I play more. I was thinking of buying a Ibanez S-470, but I'm not gonna thing about it anymore. This guitar kick ass. No new guitar until I'm buying a 7-string).

This guitar will probably outlive myself.

I have a really cool finish, which makes the whole guitar look evil (couldn't help myself). Not any flaws with anything whatsoever. I had to adjust the pickups a little, but just after my taste. Someone else would probably like it as it was.

The guitar was made in Japan, 2005, and has 24 frets, with sharkfin inlays. It has 3 Seymour Duncan passive humbuckers, and got everything a guy could ask for. It has tuners on the bridge as well as the standard ones on the head (so you won't have to "unlock" the neck-lock mechanism when tuning up small errors). I almost don't see why you need 'em anyway, as the guitar never goes out of tuning. That be if you haven't tuned it down past Eb. If you do you have to open the whole guitar and tighten some screw thingies. Much trouble for just tuning.

Gorgutz
    This was my first guitar and it is AWESOME! The neck is like butter, and It can play well in pretty much any genre, but especially metal.
    norths01
    Can some 1 plse help me is this guitar better then the dk2m dinky pro for metal?
    Jjones
    I own one myself, 08 model in natural. Awesome piece of craft man ship! Smooth clean, screaming harmonics and easy access to the upper register. Good for any genre! Highly recommended if your looking at buying one!
    odultetik
    dk2m dinky pro is a nice guitar for metal but with sl3 you can play all the genres with the best sound ma friend. just buy it