SL3 Soloist review by Jackson

Jackson: SL3 Soloist

Purchased from: a friend

I mainly play metal and its sub genres. Its great, its perfect for my style, it is very good for other styles also because it has a humbucker and 2 single coils. I am running it on a valve state Marshall 8080 with a Metal Zone pedal which isn't too bad. The single coils are very warm and I love how they sound. Humbucker sounds very rich and toneful. Very versatile guitar.

I play alot of metal, This guitar is perfect for my music. I have been playing for 2 years, I own a LTD Viper 400 which I also love.

This guitar feels very solid to play, I love it, I can rely on it playing live and gigging without a backup, But it does have a floyd, so if I broke a string, I would be screwed. The hardware is very solid, I can definitely depend on it. The strap buttons are screwed on nice and tight. Big buttons, the strap is secure. The finish seems solid.

I got it from a friend, perfectly set up, low action, ready to go. The pickups were at a very good height, I found that the single coil was a tad bit too high but that was easily adjustable. The top was very good, love the top. The flamed maple was stunning. Bridge was routed properly, looked nice. No flaws that I could find.

- 2008 Model Made in Japan - 24 extra jumbo frets 25 1/2 scale length. Rose wood fretboard. - Flamed maple top and alder wings - Black transparent flamed maple top - Floyd rose 0200 trem. - Passive pups Seymour JB humbucker and 2 HOT Rails single coils - One volume and one tone knob and a 5 way blade selector - Double locking tuners. Jackson machine heads - Came with Jackson flight case.