SL3MG review by Jackson

Jackson: SL3MG

Price paid: € 1179

Purchased from: Thomann

This sounds almost the same as a Dinky only this guitar is neckthru so the vibrations are much better. I play it though a Engl Powerball with a Laboga Mr Hector Cabinet. I pick Jacksons cause they can handle almost any style of music and this one does that also. I mainly play Metal-Metalcore like All That Remains, Parkway Drive, Trivium, Avenged Sevenfold etc. This guitar can handle all of that. I also like to play some songs of the police, blue oyster cult, kansas that kind of stuff this guitar handles the job with the proper effects. The clean is also very good. Very good articulations on sweep picking solo's, tapping, bends. I give a 9,7 rounded off to the nearest decimal.

Well I gave it on everything a 10 (becuz you can't give your own ratings. But this guitar is worth a 9.6. I'm very proud of this guitar, I'll tune it down to C with some 11-54 slinky's. But if you really can't choose between the SL3MG or the DKMG. I'd take the SL3MG for genre's you have to downtune your guitar, the neckthru gives you the advance of better vibration, longer notes ringin', better playability. But I'm also proud off my DKMG which gets a 9.4 in my opinion. Again, sorry for any english mistakes if you need to know more, you can always ask me, Jorn

Well the funny thing with my 2 other Jackson guitars when I got them was that the volume knob fell off. This one didn't pwoew xD. This seems like a guitar that can stand a lifetime if it is taken well care of it. It comes with a case so you're always sure. (Sorry for my english I'm from Belgium)

Well the strings are really close to the fretboard (don't know what this is called? Low bottom?) No flaws discovered, everything is thight together. No problems with the pickups. I've chosen the black one. This guitar is made in bigger productions in Japan so you can't choose any of those kickass colors only: Black, Satin Black, Natural, Amber Sunburst & Green Swirl. Someday I'll go for a Snakeskin Soloist <3

Well since there aren't any reviews I decided to write one. I just got it today. I believed they came out this summer 2009 along with two other new Jackson guitars. This is my 3rd Jackson guitar the other ones I have is are the DKMG & RR3. I'd like to compare the SL3MG next to my DKMG. -24 Frets -Alder neck-through body -Active EMG 85 neck - 81 Bridge -Case included -Floyd Rose FRT-O2000 Tremolo (original) -MOTO Shark Fin Position Inlays -Sealed Die-Cast Tuners

Shredy_Mc_shred
    Tyler Durden
    any review with all 10's should be immediately rejected....all these kids with their new guitar come on here to put up their biased honeymoon reviews....its a nice guitar, but NOTHING is 10's across the board
    guitarfreak222
    Hobo69 wrote: Why bitch about an all 10 review? Its a pretty opinionated thing, a review, so if someone says its 10, maybe its 7 in your book. You would also have to be pretty stupid to base your opinion of a guitar offa one review.
    All ten reviews are usually like OH I LOVE THIS GUITAR blah blah blah. They aren't really reviews and they are biased as hell. Those people are not reviewing the thing but merely stating how much they love it.
    guitarfreak222
    All ten reviews are usually like
    Hobo69
    Amuro Jay
    I'd love to see a hardtail version of this. Then again, thre are plenty other hardtail Soloists. Anyway, looks like a nice guitar, and I love high-end Jacksons.
    jornvdcb
    Hey guys, quit it okay, i said that i had the guitar for an hour, it's sounding better by the minute, there wasn't any review available so i decided to write one, I Don't see the harm of that. And i gave it a 10. Yeah and it was called action thx. This is the best guitar i've ever played. Then @ Tyler Durden, i gave it a 9.6, it's really the best metal jackson guitar ever released. This was a really quick review because when you have a guitar you don't spend time on writing but playing the damn thing. I recommend this guitar to every jackson fan.
    R0B0_Ninja
    I just got it today.
    You don't write an interview the day you get it. Sorry mate. That's just not how it works.
    barden1069
    (Sorry for my english I'm from Belgium)
    Cut him a little slack, he even mentions that he is not the necessarily the best at english.
    ChrixtianB
    bueno aca en argentina cuando la "action" esta mal, tenemos que mandarla a un "luthier" a que la "calibre" cuando tiene mal "action" decimos que la viola trastea! i have been reading and writting in eanglish for years in internet, now yuore the ones he will have to speak in spanish you ****ing imperialists!!!
    subzero364
    if nothing is all 10's then theres no point in having the scale go to 10. $2000 should pretty much get you the best guitar you can buy, unless youre paying for the name on a sig or for some "rare" guitar or whatever.
    filthylittleboy
    phewph? a noise you make with your mouth? chill. no offense or anything guys, but we all know how good these guitars are. when you spend that much money on a jackson or ibanez, you KNOW your guitar will be worth all 10's. Thank you very much for writing this review. You have a beautiful guitar.
    Wiintruder
    Shredy_Mc_shred wrote: "Well the strings are really close to the fretboard (don't know what this is called? Low bottom?0" Seriously, you just bought a $2000 guitar and you dont know what 'Action' means.
    Maybe from another country man, cut him some slack That is a very nice guitar, I had the chance to play it for a couple of minutes. But agree with the 1st guy, all 10's that thing should have a f***in beer dispenser and a cigarett rolling machine
    Farid Macleod
    come man , i love jackson guitars ; i own a Kelly KE3 , but seriously 10/10 everywhere ?!! obviously it's a lack of objectivity ! post a more accurate one ;Jackson Forever !!!