SLAT3-6 Soloist Archtop review by Jackson

Jackson: SLAT3-6 Soloist Archtop

Purchased from: GuitarCenter

The emgs make your guitar sing. The sound great are very activate and are extremely quite when not playing. The sound of them is very sharp (maybe a little thin)but it still great. One thing is I would not recommend this guitar for blues or something it is made for the soul purpose of heavy metal and hard rock!

This is a perfect metal beast it is amazing for what it is meant for and you can not go wrong with this guitar. Jackson makes great guitars with the best stuff for the best price. If it were lost or stolen I would definitely buy another one but first I would beat up the guy who stole it from me. I highly recommend this guitar above anything else out on the market Jackson product all the way for metal!

This guitar seems extremely well built and will be able to withstand all punishment that gets thrown at it in the future. The hardware is all high quality and sturdy the finish is thick and I would probably not have this guitar without a backup just because of the Floyd Rose and that I always like to plan for the worst.

When I recieved this brand new out of the box it was setup up perfectly the picks and even the Floyd Rose where already done. All I had to do was pick it up and start playing. This guitar was perfect no flaws and was just about perfect. The only thing was the strings it came with completely wrecked the guitars sound so I recommend replacing them right away.

This guitar is amazing and has almost anything you ever need and more. This guitar comes with an origianl Floyd Rose (FRT-O2000 double-locking tremolo) dual EMG pickups (emg 81 bridge and 85 neck). This gutiar has 24 jumbo frets on a rosewood fretboard. The neck is also extremely thin and makes it beautiful to play! It also comes with the whammy bar a battery a custom fitted case and tools for the floyd rose.

EpiExplorer
    You aint Nostradamus. But smashing guitar, review is too vague and very badly written.
    sewoo55
    lol this is your cliche, classic 'metal guitar'.... floyd rose whammy bar, emg pickups, rosewood fretboard, 24 frets, maple neck, neck through alder body hehe. I'll stick to my PRS
    BlackDeath92
    Why does everyone seem to think you gotta have EMGs to play metal. They are truly overrated.
    TheAbsentOne
    L2112Lif
    EpiExplorer
    L2112Lif wrote: TheAbsentOne wrote: I can't agree more that active EMG's are overrated, also, too many people associate them with metal.. Weren't EMG's originally designed for blues-y type music? -shrug- For picking up nuances in your playing, yeah. But you can pump them because there's less noise than normal pickups. I played one of these, and I'd prolly do the nasty with it if it didn't have EMG's...
    What you do with guitars is yer own business.. O.0
    Sakke
    I have nothing against the EMGs or any other parts APART FROM the fact that the rosewood is really... bright on the guitar, it should be a little bit darker, cause the brightness drives me away and to be honest, I'm not a fan of arched tops on Soloists either.. I like the flat tops more.
    T7E
    Passive pickups are the way to go. Try super high output ones like the bareknuckle warpig. They kill EMGs so much. I would buy a soloist if it had passives and you can get them so I'd skip on this guitar.
    sewoo55
    i would love to see some manufacturers besides Ibanez equipping their guitars with dimarzios.....