SLSMG Soloist review by Jackson

Jackson: SLSMG Soloist

Purchased from: Macaulays Music

I play mainly hardcore, nu-metal and metal music. The EMG HZ's are not as bad as most people say but they definately aren't as good sounding as their actie counterparts. If the guitar came with an 81 combo, or an 81/60 combo it would definately sound better, even a nice set of Duncans would've been nice.

Overall this is a perfect match for hard rock/metal, the HZ's are a little weak in terms of pickups, but with a good pickup change this guitar can easily go from great to simply stunning, definately recommended for the interemediate to advanced level of player, if it were stolen or lost I'd definately muster up another 1500 and buy another quality Jackson guitar that's for sure.

The hardware seems like it will last, I use a Dimarzio Clip Lock strap system which is great, the buttons dont move around even though I took them out and put them back in. I would definately gig with it without a backup and that says alot, the finish will last and the ebony neck is easy to clean etc.

Factory set up was great, no fret buzz or dead frets or anything along that line. The satin black is definately one of my all time favourite colours, you don't see scratches or anything like that because of the finish, definately one of the most well put together I've seen, the ebony neck is super thin and super fast and the higher frets are easily accessible.

Pretty basic guitar, its got a neck-thru, satin black finish, 2 emg hz passive pickups with a 3-way selector, tone and volume knobs. It has a dinky style almost Strat like but thinner body which is super lightweight.

dimebag7
    Man this guitar is amazing, i played it, it was used, and it blew me away. Like the neck was just insane, better than ibanez. It was better than a Gibson les paul 1960 reissue.
    GuitarDudeHosef
    i love this thing, ever time i go to guitar center or something, i play it so much it gets like grafted to my hands, it plays so well, and its lighter than the pick i use to play it with
    dimebag7
    its weird, cause now Im actually buying this guitar, Ive waited so long but it will be mine, oh yes it will be mine. With 81/85 emg pickups!
    dimebag7
    I own this guitar now, expect with 81/85 active 1179 canadian. including taxes. its owns, love this thing to death.
    cooterrob
    This axe kills all in it's price range. It's a USA made geetar and shows it!!! got mine at Guitar Center today for a killer deal. I had went through Schecter C-1's and they all had problems... they got mine for US $900 even and a warranty!!!
    dimebag7
    I love this guitar! Its actually made in Japan, but has the quality of america, I think that Japan and America have simlar quality.