SLSMG Soloist review by Jackson

Jackson: SLSMG Soloist

Purchased from: guitarGrave

Obviuosly this axe was a born soloist, and is an excellent metal and hard rock axe, I play this through an MXR OD pedal, DigiTech DSP16 processor, a Mesa Boogie MarkIII head and B-52 AT412 cab and the sustain is a dream, the EMG's are a little bright, which is nice for '80s metal, and It does well acoustically on clean channel. Versatile guitar here!

I play '80s metal/rock and this is perfect! I have been playing about a year and a half and so far this guitar meets and exceeds all of my wants, I have test drove a lot of guitars and this compares with top line Schecters, Gibsons, and Ibanez S series, but it outshines all in the fast neck area, I personally would have preferred different pickups, other than that she is perfect. I would buy thi again no matter what, I might even buy every color they are made in. I love this axe, it is now my favorite.

The strap buttons are very acceptable for an axe this light, durability has yet to be seen as I haven't gigged with it, but everything is so solid and well built that reliability seems sure with this guitar, I don't think the finish on this guitar will fade easily due to a thick coat of clear.

The action was too high for me, the pickups were out of whack, as far as the finish is concerned it was perfect with no flaws. All controls and pickup and bridge are seated very well in their respectable spots, I had to do a complete setup for this guitar out of the box, I would have anyway though.

This is a 2005 Eerie Dess model with 24 fret ebony board, made in Japan.It is a total mahogany neck through with a beautiful satin finish. Tune-O-Matic bridge with a 5-way selector and one volume, one tone knob. Pickups are two EMG passives, and the tuners are stock jacksons. This guitar came with nothing else but itself.

p2fyre