SLSMG Soloist review by Jackson

Jackson: SLSMG Soloist

Purchased from: She-Bay

I like the heavy stuff - this guitar is made for this style of music for sure. Drop D tuning is handled with little fret buzz difference. I have this thing on a Carvin micro stack VM3 and it sounds great for all types of metal. The 81/85 combo is perfect for this setup. Sometimes I feel teh low ends sound a bit too muddy, but woth some amp adjustments, I feel you can get around it.

I like it and I would buy another if I were in the market. A really good bang for your buc. I have been playing for 20 years - but I am partial to Jackson. The only thing I don't like - is I wish the tuners were able to be locked. Overall impression, if you are not a beginner and like heavy music and do not need a stupid tremolo; this is the guitar for you!

It appears to be a little fragile, but I am coming off of a Charvel model II 1987. That thing is a beast and really well made. I think this axe can withstand the long haul however. Finish has not been blemished as of yet - but I don't want to drop to test it out. The strap buttons seem really solid actually.

The action is unbelievably low from the factory. I just messed around to see if I could get lower while riding on teh fret buzz border line - but they have already nailed it. All the hardware appears to be either zinc or chrome - so I doubt any pre mature oxidizing will take place.

2010 Jackson SLSMG Soloist made in Japan, 24 frets, ebony fretboard, solid mahogany top, thru neck design, satin finish, fixed bridge, active electronics, volume / tone, dual humbuckers 81/85, and came with a hard shell case. I like the solid black look - It just looks demonic.