WRMG Warrior review by Jackson

Jackson: WRMG Warrior

Purchased from: www.Gak.co.uk

I play a range of music including classic rock, Irish traditional (yep, it can do this as well) etc. but mostly (obviously) metal in the vein of Mnemic and Strapping Young Lad. I use it through a Marshall MGDFX250 (hopefully selling it soon though) with n effects pedals. The humbuckers obviously reduce hum a lot and the EMG's are great at giving a good tone, however with the gain control up full with a lot of gain it can sometimes get a little sloppy sounding. It works great on the clean channel as well, giving a nice rich sound. It caters for full bass sounds right up to high end notes.

As I play metal this guitar is great for it. I think this thing was designed for the sole purpose of playing metal (much like most of the Jackson range, I think). The other electrics I own are a Marlin Strat copy and an Ibanez EX-270. The Ibanez did served me a long time, but now I hardly glance at it. I've been playing for 11 years and this guitar is one of the best I have ever played. I decided to buy this guitar as I was growing bored and sickened of the Super-Strat shapes available and wanted something with a bit more style (but not a BC Rich). If someone did steal this, I think it really would spark off World War Three. I love this guitar too much to see it leave. But obviously I'd buy it again, then I'd have two!

I think it would definately withstand live playing. I played it once at a gig for almost three hours solid and it still played like a dream. The floating trem appears solid and I don't think any hardware is going anywhere anytime soon. I would use it, but I'd keep another guitar in backup as you just never know.

When I got it, the fit and finish were superb (someone managed to chip the paint at the back though, very annoyed). The action was also how I like it. It still hasn't needed adjustment, but after a while of playing it I needed to intonate the high E string. The only qualm I have is that the volume control knob was very loose, but this was nothing a screwdriver couldn't solve.

24 frets, made of rosewood. Also has volume, tone and gain control knobs. This model of the Warrior came with a floating tremolo bridge, lock system and EMG-HZ active pickups as standard. Only a three way picukup selector on it. I don't know where it was made, but hot damn, this thing looks the dog's testes. Offset X shape, on the site I bought it off there was a selection of black or blue colours, and see through red if I remember.

awfulwaffle
    you're right, the indian made JS30WR is amazing, and personally, i like the string thru body more.