WRMG Warrior review by Jackson

Jackson: WRMG Warrior

Purchased from: Dream Music Sydney

I play mostly metal, hard rock, instrumental stuff. The HZ's sound awesome on distortion, but are a bit weak on clean. If you put it through some pedal like a chorus I'm sure the clean would improve heaps. You can tell Metallica use EMG's for their clean sounds, the tone is similar. I never use the tone knob cos I hate it, but the neck pickup is great for sweeping and solos, and the bridge gives the cutting rhythm for metal. It doesn't hum when it's put through my Metalzone, except for when you put the gain knob up to about halfway, with the distortion on max. Any band that uses EMG's, you should be able to get that tone from this guitar.

I've been playing a 2 years, and this was my first decent guitar. It tottally kicks arse. It's definitely a shred machine, but can handle clean as well. It just looks a bit stupid playing a really soft song on a guitar that's meant to kill people. If it was stolen, I would buy a different Jackson, probably a kelly because it has Seymours.

This guitar will definitely withstand Live playing, as it's obviously meant to. Strap buttons are sturdy. Stays in tune, when set up right. I've bumped it a couple of times and no paint chipped of, but I'm very careful with it since it is a very easy guitar to bump, since the giant back wing where your right arm goes is huge.

Awesome action and feel from the get go. I bought it from a really good music shop so it was even in tune, and the strings were worn in a little. I lowered the action a bit cos I like it nice and low. It still doesn't buzz, but it doesn't have as much sustain on the really high frets, and bends on the 24th tend to conk out unless you're pushing the strings really hard. Nothing has rusted, but one of the knobs got a little loose. This was easily fixed myself. The Floyd can be set up however you want. When I first had it, it was set so I could pull up on the bridge and it would bend about a 3rd above the original note. I could pull back until the bridge hit the body and the strings still didn't snap or even go out of tune. I tried restringing this guitar myself once, and failed miserably. The floating bridge means that tuning one string up drops all the other ones. If you like changing tunings often, don't get a floating bridge.

I have a 2005 WRMG Warrior. They still had the HZ's in them back then, with the Turbocharger whatever thing in em. I think it's an Alder body, maple neck and rosewood fingerboard. 3 way blade pickup switch which annoys me a bit, since a toggle is a lot easier to change. 1 master vol and 1 master tone, with the 3rd knob being the gain thingy. Pulling it out turns it on, and turning it controls how much extra gain you get. 24 jumbo frets, Jackson Floyd, Neck and headstock binding, bolt-on neck. No accesories. Jackson tuners, solid black gloss finish, compound radius on the neck.

DenHond
    EndOfNothing656 wrote: i have a couple questions about this guitar... for one, where the hell is the input jack and two, does the floyd rose make string changing hard? i got a bc rich with a floyd on it but its easy to change due to the fact its a string-through body, but this one i heard you have to lift up the bridge and go under the floyd into the bottom of it. i have no idea how to do this and is it really that hard to change strings?
    The output Jack is on the right pointy thing. Floyd Rose is pretty easy to replace strings, you just screw something loose at , put the string in and retighten it. this might help
    theunknownevil
    whats the finish on this neck? or isit unfinished? im looking for a pointy, metal shaped(dont ask why) with floyd rose, active pickups and satin finished neck. any recommendations?
    VikingMetalhead
    "The body of this guitar will throw alot of people off, 'till they strap it on (that is if you strap it on properly, not designed for hanging down by your damn ankles like a slob). The top cut forms to your body very comfortably and the huge wing at the top has a purpose. If it's strapped on properly, and youre looking to shred in a technical way (tremelo picking and whatnot) you will find that your wrist sits perfectly on that wing and alows you to float your pick hand over the strings, perfect!" Very interesting review, first time anyone analysed the body of the WRMG. I'm really excited to go try this one out.
    Jack Crowley
    Hi guys.. need sum opinion here.. I owned a jackson wrmg with emg hz pickups.. I planned to change the pickups to 81/85 So anyone here done it before?? Do i have to do rewiring for the 81/85 or is it just plug n play?? Hopefully there's sumone who can provide me with answers..Thanks in advance guys
    thedayididntdie
    jdizzze1 wrote: Does anyone know a good (great) amp around the price range $200-350 that would go well with the wrmg (active emgs) I might get one of these -crate rfx65 -marshall avt20x -peavey transtube 110 EFX -marshall mg30dfx -line 6 spiderIII 75 Anyone know which is best or what I should get?
    YES, GET THE PEAVEY. line 6 and crate suck. and cheap marshalls arent even marshalls anymore (they suck as well) i would go with the peavey all the way.
    DIBGuitarist
    Might seem like a stupid question but when tuning up a Floyd-Rose equipped guitar do you have to loosen the string clamps & bolts @ the top of the neck first? Replys would be appreciated, cheers
    Guitar Sushi
    It's like the designer was mentally retarded and offset the neck. What a waste of potential. I wouldn't be caught dead with that guitar.
    Night
    mmm whats the color of the neck? its a rosewood fretboard.. and ... the color of the neck, is it white? or just a maple color?
    ChazBcWarlock
    im ordering sometime this week, transparent black, i will hopefully be posting pictures so keep a look out!
    /Z\ephyr
    just ordered one of these, its on the way but unfortunately the 'optional case' wasn't optional, but i could do with a case rather than a gig bag; could anyone recommend a flight case that this guitar would fit in, or would it just fit in one designed for strats or super strats or something? cheers
    Wykidtron
    Actually like I said earlier, they didnt start putting the active 81/85s in until the 2006 models I believe. Before that the WRMGs all came with EMG HZ's, the H3s to be exact. I have an 01 WRMG and the pickups have EMG-HZ right freakin on em.
    ashesofthewake
    Aminos wrote: and .. is the input on the side of the body or on the bottom of the guitar??? YOU TOO BITCH!! please somebody answer to my question
    ashesofthewake
    well first of all, NO GUITAR HAS A FUCKING INPUT JACK!!
    wasSami
    Hey i can pick this guitar up (sencon hand) for around $285... Is it a good investment???
    Aminos
    and .. is the input on the side of the body or on the bottom of the guitar??? please somebody answer to my question
    Aminos
    can we play this guitar like a V? i mean.. between the legs. cuz i think its the most comfortable way to play
    EndOfNothing656
    jdizzze1
    WRXT-Warrior
    I have this baby with 2 duncans and all the rests plus a boss metal zone and it rocks hard!!!I play prograssive-nu metal and the sound is perfect... Trusty for a gig and very comfortable for its design (by the way, venom, it might not be that beutiful, but trust me it is special) everyone gets more excited when they learn that you have a jackson than a gibson... AN AWSOME GUITAR!!!!!