WRXT X Warrior review by Jackson

Jackson: WRXT X Warrior

Purchased from: Stagebeat

I am using it with a Marshall MG100DFX and a Zoom 505II. It makes a nice clean sound which is suprising condsidering the pickups which are made to be powerfull passive pickups. Nice mellow sound at the neck and a biting trebly tone with the bridge which is very clear. distortion sounds are crazy, a good kind of crazy! The bridge is not too bass heavy which I like nice and choppy while the neck has a wonderful mellow lead tone. There is something missing though sometimes the pickups sound a little unclear or not very responsive yet this could be the Zoom, tis not very good. It suites my style which is heavy metal, but wonderful clean sounds. I play a lot more acoustic and clean stuff because if that.

I love it my first floyd and I am impressed! Stays in tune no matter what, lovely jubbly. I have the Jackson Warrior JS30WR which I had before this one, love that too. I love the shape pointy and practicle. The only thing I would change would be the pickups maybe better seymours. I've been playing for 3 years and this is the best guitar I own perfect for my style I urge anyone Who hasn't played with this hape to do so you may like it.

The axe is built like an axe I'd trust it at any gig! Everything is solid apart from the trem bar which has seemed to warp over time well the way I divebomb it's understandable. The trem, tuners and pots should last years if looked after but it there will be rust over time. The finish seems strong enough mind one of the corners on the top horn is chipped, but I did bash it against the wall (butter fingers).

The action was set a little high and the tone and volume pots were loose no probs though. The pickups were set fine and the finish was perfect. Obviously it was my first floyd and was confusing a first. The output jack came loose within a day but a pair of pliers sorted.

Made in Japan around 2006. It's got a Floyd Rose licensed Jackson low profile JT580 LP double locking 2-point tremolo bridge which is superb and two passive Duncan Designed Detonator Humbucking Pickups. The controls are simple 3-way pickup selector, tone and volume knobs. Jackson non-locking Diecast tuners. 24 Jumbo frets on a rosewood fingerboard with a compound radius of 14-16. Bolt-on rock maple neck and basswood body and Chrome hardware. Black, blue or red in solid colours and blue and red in transparent finishes.