WRXT X Warrior review by Jackson

Jackson: WRXT X Warrior

Purchased from: Musicians Friend

The Duncan designed Detonators left me a little skeptical about how the guitar would sound but they really surprised me for not being "real" Seymour Duncans, they sound similar to Seymour Duncan JB's but heavier. I play through a Washburn Bad Dog 10w and a Zoom G1X multi-effects pedal because I'm poor (I've been saving for the guitar for a while) but I think everything sounds great! The factory strings weren't great so I change them quickly!

I like to play thrash metal and other types of metal and the Detonators have a great bridge setting for some metal crunch, and great sustain. They also have an awesome clean sound for either a little blues or Metallica clean then engage your distortion and murder it. If something happened to this guitar I would without a doubt get it again. I love everything about, there is nothing to hate. I've been playing for about 2 years now. I decided to go with Jackson because I loved their necks and heads, they feel so comfortable and fast and overall best for metal. But I wanted a guitar that sticks out and I don't like V-shapes, so I was torn between the Ibanez Xiphos and The Warriors. Jackson in my opinion beats Ibanez in metal (don't get me wrong I love Ibanez) because Ibanezes tone lack "color" if you know what I mean, they are just pure power and distortion friendly. Jackson guitars make real music, I was very impressed with this guitar I would recommend it to everyone that plays! Worth every cent and more!

The guitar feels as if it would last me forever (with proper care of course). The screws holding the strap buttons came loose quick but with a screwdriver once that never happened again. It feels very reliable and I would definitely gig with it (if I was good enough). For an extreme shape it fits perfectly and comfortably in your lap if your feeling lazy. The guitar is pretty light and good for extended standing play. Paint is strong and hasn't scratched yet (everyone seems to chip the longest extending end but I haven't "yet").

The guitar came packaged absolutely perfect not a finger print on it, all knobs, switches, and pick-ups were set in with no flaw. Paint was perfect, no scratches. The wood feels great quality. As soon as I plugged it in I felt as if I were holding a real guitar.

The WRXT Warrior Jackson is made in Japan, It has 24 frets, has Shark fin inlays, has a Jackson Floyd Rose bridge (stays in tune forever). For tone control or pick-up selector you get a 3-way Switch. The pick-ups are Duncan designed pick-ups. I got mine in black and it only came with the guitar and the tremolo. This was my first Floyd Rose so I quickly found out the difficulties of tuning the guitar, it took me a while to get it just right but when I did it rarely loses it's tune! A lot off people have troubles with their strumming position because of how the fine tune pins stick out, but if you unscrew the back you can change the angle of the Bridge to whatever's comfortable to your position. Also the bridge has pins that lower and raise the bridge itself to change the distance of the strings from the frets. That helps take away the buzzing if they're to close But adds better hammer-ons - Pull-offs when closer. Over-all the bridge is very customizable, the only problem I have with it is the difficulty of changing strings and tuning from d to e. All hardware is chrome.

tigerking615
    You have got to be kidding me...
    jagy
    i got this guitar for X-mess and i ****ing love it it was my first floyed rose so it took me a fuw days to get used to it and how it works but other than that i have had no problams
    MetalheadMosher
    I'm getting this guitar brand new and was wondering what I can do to set it up best to semi-tone lower tuning (DGCFAd) because my music is heavily influeced by Death and I would like to basically use all the same techniques Chuck used (R.I.P.). Thanks in advance.
    Cantplay4penuts
    Are you sure thats a good idea? Im hopefully going to the guitar shop today to try this guitar out. It seems like a nice axe. And the Transparent red looks (sic). Thats sick spelt wrong and in brackets, cant go better than that. Im gunna have a good birthday this year lol! If i do end up getting it ill post a reveiw up. But i reackon its gunna be a great guitar.
    megaironpriest
    Have it. Love it. Changed the way I think about guitars, mind you my first guitar sucked major balls.