WRXT X Warrior review by Jackson

Jackson: WRXT X Warrior

Price paid: C$ 900

Purchased from: Music Stop

I play metal, metal and more, no not metal but hard rock. It can really blast out riffs like a god. The palm muting comes though the pickups like a dream and you can really get the chugging noise that metal players want. It can handle distrotion very well. I was playing though a Line 6 spider 3(yea I know) but I have picked up a spider valve about 2 weeks ago and the sound quality has improved so much I can't even play my other amp anymore. I can get a good hard rock tone for it to. It sounds good playing some stuff but when you play big open powerchord like AC-DC I find it get to be a bit muddy. The guitar isn't built for that though, just look at it. I got this to be a metal guitar and it does a amazing job at it. The cleans are good, I don't use them that much though(not having a footpedal for that sucks). When I do play some though it sounds good. I can't really judge for stuff like blues as I only play a little bit but for metal clean tones like Metallica it can cover pretty well. If you are looking for a guitar that can cover every style this way not be for you.

For me this is a perfect match style wise. My band has a 80's NWOBHM sound with a bit of trash and hair metal. It is great for those styles but I won't recommend it for a rock guitarist or blues etc. I don't see why they would want one anyways, I can't really picture a blues guy coming out with warrior. I've been playing for 8 months but I am a serious play, no crap. I play for 4-5 hours a day and am hoping to get somewheres with my playing. I can see how this guitar has helped me improve. Playing it though my spider valve is like a dream because I can play mostly any of the presets and it sounds just like the original which is great. I kind of wish it had a kill Switch but that can be fixed with some simple modding. I would probably buy a new one, or maybe a Jackson Kelly not because I don't like the guitar but I like to keep changing because I like looking at new guitars. Overall it is a great guitar and I would suggest trying one out and compare it to others. I just loved the feel of the guitar has whole, every little piece of it. No its not perfect (what guitar is) but if you are in love with metal check it out.

I would have no problem playing this guitar Live. I haven't played a live show yet, but I hope to soon. My only problem would be if my bridge wasn't set right and I messed up the tuning mid song or something to that effect. I would probably use a backup just in case. The finish is good, I have chipped it in a few places but that is my fault. Clumsy people be warned DO NOT BUY THIS GUITAR, you will break off all the arms in a week. The one problem I do have is one of the screws holding the bridge in worn away at the wood and caused some major problems. I don't know if it was me that caused it though tinking, but I am contacting Jackson about it. Currently I have a paper clip in there to keep it in place. Also the bridge is rusting quite fast which is starting to scare me as I don't really want to have to pay to replace it. It could be where I live to though as some strings will rust on me in a week, so I have to play elixars.

The factory setting where good, I didn't have a major problem with them. The action was a bit to high but that way have just been me. I readjusted them to my liking which ended up screwing everything up... Once again boys and girls don't buy a guitar with a Floyd Rose unless you want to put alot of time into getting it just right.

This is my second guitar, but whoa. My first was an Ibanez which was a good starting guitar but this took me to the next level. The Jackson Warrior is a 24 fret guitar, jumbo frets as well. I was scared at first when I heard the term but I can't Live without them now, they really are good for my style. The pickups are humbuckers, Duncan designed, with a three way selector for bridge, middle and neck. The switches work nicely, and the chrome looks great with the red body. I went for transpartent myself but there also come in other colors to that look great! It has a Floyd Rose copy bridge. It is confusing as hell and I almost regretted getting at first but now that I have gotten used to fixing it, its not a problem at all and its worth the effort. One more note the guitar came with a gig bag which is really nice. I wasn't aware that it came with one but its really nice to look at and fits the guitar great.