WRXT X Warrior review by Jackson

Jackson: WRXT X Warrior

Price paid: € 470

Purchased from: O Maestro

I play mostly metal, and that's what is was built for( and it can even get some beautiful cleans). It suits my style really well, high output and good definition. Although I expected more from the Neck pick-up. I play it trough a MT-2 and Mg30DFX, and I can really achieve some powerful sound. I've played it trough a Engl head, and it was awesome. I think I'll be crucified for this but, after playing the Engl with it I tried a Jackson with 81\85 and the sound wasn't much superior. They are still passive, "design by" pickups... But for what they cost, they are great.

I really love it, I think its the best for its price. If you want something that will last you "forever", and has a good sound, it's a good choice. Good hardware and craftsmanship. I played a similar priced RG, the sound was a little more aggressive but it seems less durable overall.

It will definitely withstand live playing. I've hit the wall and furniture with its horns(Attention its really easy to do this), and besides some scratches nothing happen. The only time it hit the ground(the floor was slippery and I leaned it against a wall), I just picked it up and it was like nothing had happen. I'd gig without a backup. I've had for almost 2 years and the pickups are getting a little rusty..

It came almost perfect from factory, the action was just a little too high for my liking, and because the bridge was already all the way down, there is nothing I can do to change it. But it still really good. The pickups were fine, I just elevated the neck-one a bit. The Floyd Rose is brilliant, if you dont use it, the guitar will stay in tune for weeks, being played every day. And even you you use regularly, not going nuts with it, it will stay in tune just fine.

I think it's from 2008 or 2009, made in Japan. 24 jumbo frets with a rosewood fingerboard. It has basswood body and a bolt-on maple neck. I choose the cobalt blue one. With Duncan Designed Detonator humbuckers and a Jackson double-locking tremolo. One volume, one tone, 3 way switch.

cdechnik12889
    the bridge needs to be level, your not supposed to adjust it so its out of the way and all the way back. then you set the action with the two screws the bridge is floating on. Watch a youtube video on it