JT-133 review by Jay Turser

Jay Turser: JT-133

Purchased from: Corans Music

The sound for this guitar is perfect for the styles of music I play, which is mostly blues and rock, with a little funk, rockabilly and punk in there as well. The rhythm pickup is a little more mellow and deeper tone and it's better for blues, the middle one is kind of in between and the treble pickup is very bright sounding and is good for rock and rockabilly, as well as punk if you're using distortion.

This is excellent for the styles of music I play and is a perfect match for me. I have been paying for a year and a half roughly and I also own an acoustic. If lost or stolen I would hunt down the person who stole it and there would be serious hell to pay. I love this guitar and wouldn't trade it for the world. It is the perfect guitar and I love it.

I've played live a few times with this guitar including one where I did a fat solo and rolled on the ground and another where someone went on my shoulders with the guitar and we ran around, and there isnt a scratch on it yet. The hardware seems like it will last for a long time, and as I sadi before the strap buttons are solid but I wanna get strap locks.I would and have gigged without a backup, and nothing went wrong, so I would do so again. The finish is excellent and will last a long time. Finally, I would be more careful with this than a solid body because it is a semi hollowbody, so it would break easier than others. Very reliable and durable.

When I bought this guitar it was in almost perfect condition when I bought it, except for the pickup selector knob was a little loose but I fixed it. The pickups sound excellent and the action is kind of middle in between low and high, more on the lower side but thats good cause I like to play with a slide. The neck is pretty thin and I find that the guitar is very light and easy to hold for a long time. The strap buttons are pretty good but I want to get strap locks because I like them better. All in all set up very well.

I don't know when or where it was made but I bought it used so I got it cheaper than regular price its a 600 dollar guitar but I got it at half price. The features include: - Double cutaway; - Arched top - semi hollow; - Thin-line body; - Maple set neck; - Rosewood fingerboard; - 2 humbucking pickups; - 2 volume, 2 tone controls; - Stop tail piece; - Die-cast machines I think the person who owned it before me may have changed the tuning machines but I'm not sure.