JT-133 review by Jay Turser

Jay Turser: JT-133

Purchased from: Electro music

I try not to restrict myself to one particular type of playing, but I find this guitar excellent for most types of music, I use it on a crappy no-name amplifier which is a little broken, but I can make most tones with it... It sounds great for classic rock and blues and quite surprisingly it sounds amazing with a metal tone, the only thing I would say is watch out for high gain tones because when it wants to, it feeds back like an angy piranha... Recommend using it for punk, blues, indy and classic rock.

This guitar is amazingly good for the price I paid, I have only been playing a year or so so I couldn't say about how it plays relative to other guitars but it kicks the snot out of my brothers cheap stratocopy... If it got destroyed/stolen, I probably wouldn't buy it again, but only because I want to buy a Telecaster as a second guitar I would however definitely contemplate getting another semi-acoustic.

I do trust this guitar for live playing, but I should probably look to invest in some strap locks, but that might just be my poor quality strap, the finish is excellent. If I could afford to get another guitar at the moment I would definitely keep this one as my main guitar and just use the other as a backup.

I got it second hand so I couldn't say for sure... But I think the pick ups are quite good and the general quality was amazing for the price... What with it being my first guitar I don't have a lot of basis for comparison. The only problems are a chip in the edge of the headstock where my dad dropped it and a mark on the top, but I think that's just from the wood, not the build quality.

I bought this guitar pre-owned so I'm not sure when it was made, but from the sticker on the back saying that it was inspected by a mr S.Hong I would guess that it was built in korea or somewhere like that. It has 22 frets and a maple neck and rosewood fretboard. It is most definitely made of wood... I'd go with maple because cosmetically it looks the same as the neck. It has a high gloss tranlucent red finish, and is the same body shape as the Gibson es (thinline semi-acoustic) it has a Tune-O-Matic Bridge and 2 no name humbuckers, 4 knobs (2 tone, 2 Volume)... The tuners are not brilliant... But they work. And I got a free gig bag with it so that's always a plus.

mkittell
    I have one of these. Traded a older MIM tele with a custom paint job (done by me) for the Turser. I love the tones I can get out of it. Great for bluesy jazz.
    kevinpaul
    I heard many good things about this guitar, it was the guitar of the year in 2004. I found that on a youtube video. I am getting one soon, that all for your reviews.