JT-134DC Review

manufacturer: Jay Turser date: 03/26/2004 category: Electric Guitars

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ads free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

Jay Turser: JT-134DC
Double cutaway. Semi-solid body with contoured top. 22 fret mahogany set neck. Rosewood fingerboard. 2 humbucking pickups. Tune-o-matic bridge. 2 volume & 2 tone controls. 3-way pickup selector switch. Die-cast machines.
 8.1
 9.2
 6.9
 1,990
review (1) 3 comments vote for this gear:
JT-134DC Reviewed by: unregistered, on march 26, 2004

Features: 2003, made in China. Maple Neck with Rosewood fretboard. It's a double cutaway, semi-hollow body with a contoured flame maple top. It has two humbuckers with a 3 position Switch. Tune-O-Matic Bridge. // 8

Sound: This Sound is F'ing Amazing yo. I had it set up with 11's from the factory. It played great, but plays even better now that I put my favorite brand of strings on it. Elixers! The D'Addarios that came stock with it are good, but like I said I just prefur elixers. This thing has more soul than your momma on her prom night. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The action is nice and low. The fit is perfect. Reminds me a bit of the old Ibanez Artist hollow body. I got it in Antique Natural Sunburst and it's just a beautiful guitar. // 10

Reliability & Durability: As far as the electronics go, it seems rock Solid. I'd hate to drop it however. It is a semi-hollow bodied guitar, so naturally I'd be more careful with it than with say a Strat or a tele. // 8

Overall Impression: I've been playing for over 15 years and I've owned brand names and no names. This gutar, while not having much of a name is better than most of the brand names I've played. Go Buy one now! // 10

More Jay Turser reviews rating category latest review