JT-137 review by Jay Turser

Jay Turser: JT-137

Purchased from: Local Store

It's a clasic rock guitar. Hands down. With a good amount of gain on the neck pickup I can get the cream era eric clapton sound no problem. Turn off the distortion, the neck pickup becomes airy and creates lots of headroom, and jazz sounds are perfect. With the bridge and a medium distortion, led zepplen seemed to eminate from this guitar, and just about anyone else with a semi-hollow at the time. Recently I replaced the bridge pickup with a seymoure duncan invader and its got some of the nastiest sounds around, and the feed back is little to none. great guitar overall. my first "real guitar."

I love this guitar. For how I play, this thing was made for me. The finish is amazing, and with a few quick swaps (pots, tuners) this thing will become a mean, lean, rock, blues, and jazz guitar (and with a pickup replacement, punk as well). I will keep this guitar till I become old and grey, and if it got stolen, god knows what I'd do.

I've played this guitar a number of times live and I've yet to have a problem. The hardware is the only real downside to this guitar. I replaced the tuners with locking sperzel's and the strap buttons with dunlop locking straps. Dependable year in and out. I might have a backup, only b/c I wouldn't want to break a string. The finish looks great though and looks like a keeper.

Out of the box it sounded fine. No problems, but the action was a little high. A proper setup took care of that in no time, and now, everyone who plays it love the neck and the increadably low action. The flamed maple top looks amazing, looking like its worth 5 times its actual price.

- Double cutaway - Semi-hollow - Thin line body with - Flame maple top - Maple set neck - Rosewood fingerboard - Block & triangle inlay - 2 covered pickups - 2 volume, 2 tone controls - Adjustable bridge - Gold die-cast machines

joewhitemusic
    I have one that I bought at a small music store in Dickson TN. $200. Love the way it looks and plays/feels. However now it looks like a complete swap out of all of the electronics is what it will take to keep the thing. Looking at Gibson LP Studio's - Hate to put any money in this JT and have it suck.