JT-200 review by Jay Turser

Jay Turser: JT-200

Purchased from: Purple Turtle Music

This guitar provides fantastic sound through my Marshall MG100DFX, proving capable of sounding like a proper Indie band, such as Arctic Monkeys, but also can kick out a bit of heavier music. It isn't much of a guitar for playing heavy metal though, but that isn't my style anyway. The pickups can pickup electrical equipment such as tumble dryers etc but that happens with any guitar really. Overall: great rich sound.

I was very impressed with this purchase, as I only bought it for the looks of this insane guitar, not knowing how good it would sound! I like to play indie music, and it fits in well with a fantastic clean and distorted sounds. I have been playing since Christmas 05 so about 1 year and 8 months from when I wrote this review. I also own a brutal Marshall MG100DFX which provides the goods that I am looking for, and also a drum kit so my drummer doesn't have to bring his kit up everytime for the practise (how nice am I). If this guitar was stolen, I would consider buying it again although I would much rather purchase a 600 Ibanez, but yeh, this would be my second choice. This is probably the best Les Paul replica you can get in my opinion and you can really show off with it. The gold hardware make it look real classy.

Without experience, I am gessing that the guitar will withstand any gigs, and with experience, this guitar can take on bashes from any direction. If you think you can go on stage and smash this guitar to bits and still think you can play it after, I think your wrong as it wont withstand insane beatings on stage. When I was practising one time, one of the strap buttons came out which was a bit awkward, but I think it was because the screw might have been a bit loose. Also, I wouldn't recommend playing this guitar with a rubbish strap, as the strap button nearer the neck is at an strange angle, so unless you play with the neck facing downwards, then you'll have difficulty. The finish has served well so far (since January 06) as nothing seems to have faded or changed colours, which is always good.

The guitar was packaged from the factory with with a fantastic finish, nothing wrong with it when first bought. The action is set low with no fret buzz, when I first got it my bassist complimented it saying "You can't complain about your action unlike some of us" or something to the sort. It seems that Jay Turser take real care in the production of this product, as when it arrived there were no flaws or errors and it looked perfect. The only thing I am not too keen on is the plastic rim around the guitar edges on the base, with a murky yellow, but it isn't that bad as it isn't a big part of the guitar.

This guitar has 22 frets, all of which are quite small so it's handy if you have trouble with fret reach. The guitar is purple with gold hardware and a black scratch plate. It has two tone and two volume controls, for the rhythm and treble settings. The humbucker pickups are good aswell, with a gold covering which makes it look that bit more classy.